Re: Ability to run Multiple Web services test using UFT 11.5 (458 Views)
Occasional Visitor
PavelShainsky
Message 1 of 5 (596 Views)

UFT 11.51 Updating WSDLs dynamically in UFT/API testing.

How do I place a call in UFT API Test to update from wsdl automatically?

Any ideas on how we can add a call in Service Test and or HP UFT api test that will update from a wsdl, that can be parameterized? i.e. Once I import a wsdl, I can right click on it and say update from URL or UDDI... I would like this to be an action that I can parameterize.

This is so that the test gets the latest wsdl each time its ran without manual intervention.

One example is that Vugen used to have a checkbox "Update WSDL when opening script"

Frequent Visitor
Wolex
Message 2 of 5 (481 Views)

Ability to run Multiple Web services test using UFT 11.5

Hello,

I want to know if multiple webservice tests can be initiated in UFT 11.5. And if a cross test report can be generated after the test is completed. I am able to test a web service but i intend to test multiple web services in a single run and generate a report.

If its possible, i would appreciate it if a knowledge document that shows how this can be done is provided. thanks.

Wolex

Occasional Advisor
Ninfea
Message 3 of 5 (477 Views)

Re: Ability to run Multiple Web services test using UFT 11.5

This is how I automated multiple WS:

1. Import any WSDL and select any service operation (the same steps you do when performing a single WS test)

2. Select the block in the Test Flow area and go to General in the right hand pane (be sure you loop your WS operation)

3. Expand HTTP and here you can link Endpoint Address and SoapAction with data table cells.Go to Input/Checkpoints, here you can add link to a WS request text (I read it from file): Envelope -> link

To learn EndpointAddress and Soap Action for this or that service you may add the operations you need to test one by one to the test flow area and coopy these values.

Frequent Visitor
Wolex
Message 4 of 5 (471 Views)

Thank you for your response Ninfea,

But i need to make somethings clear. The service operation i want to run are not related in any way, hence my reservation about linking them. I actually want each service to run separately while generating a single report  that comprise of each  WS test result.  I want to know if this is possible. And hopefully how to go about it.

Regards,

Occasional Advisor
Ninfea
Message 5 of 5 (458 Views)

Please find the details attached. Hope this is what you need. In case you have questions, please leave your skype here.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.