Re: Enable/Disable the parameters during the test run (216 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Thukaram
Message 1 of 4 (326 Views)

Enable/Disable the parameters during the test run

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Is it possible to enable/disable (Before enabling or disabling the any parameter, we need to link or remove the link between the data sheet) the parameters during the test run in HP service test using the custom code?

For example, I am going to execute 10 iterations. In total iterations, 5 has to be executed with 7 request parameters and remaining 5 has to be executed with 5 request parameters but the execution should be done in one go. Here my custom code has to disable the 2 parameters before going to the 6th iteration.

Thanks in advance.

Thukaram C

Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
punit_45
Message 2 of 4 (281 Views)

Re: Enable/Disable the parameters during the test run

You can use #SKIP# for optional fields and #NIL# for mandatory fields in a segment.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
Thukaram
Message 3 of 4 (263 Views)

Thank you for the information it was very useful.

But, during the implementing I was facing some issue. Please find below the detailed description.

I am having 2 request parameters under one grouping like below format, Parameters FirstName and LastName under Names.

<Names>

<FirstName>Test</FirstName>

<LastName>SOA</LastName>

</Names>

I have tried to skip the above request parameters FirstName and LastName by using the #SKIP# but I am getting error message ‘WSDL file validation failed in ST’. Tool not at all sent any request while using this in data sheet.

Also I have tried with #NIL# but getting error message ‘nil is not acceptable for this parameter’.

Is there any way to SKIP parameters under grouping and array parameters  while sending the request in ST?

Kindly help me to solve this issue.

Thanks,

Thukaram C

Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
punit_45
Message 4 of 4 (216 Views)

I guess those parameters are mandatory fields in your request. Try SKIP and NIL for any of the optional segments within your request.

Use #SKIP# for optional fields within an optional segment.

Use #NIL# for mandatory fields within an optional segment.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation