Re: Does HP Service Test Support application/json content Type for Restful services. (308 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Ram Mitta
Message 1 of 5 (522 Views)

Does HP Service Test Support application/json content Type for Restful services.

If yes can some one give me pointers

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
JPMS_1
Message 2 of 5 (507 Views)

Re: Does HP Service Test Support application/json content Type for Restful services.

Hi 

Yes, Service Test 11.20 supports Json as content type for REST Services, even it's already documented on the ST User Guide at page: 222 in the "How to Send a JSON Request to a REST Service" section.

Hope this helps. 

Juan Pablo MS
HP | Unified Functional Testing Engineer

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
QA_Tejas
Message 3 of 5 (415 Views)

Re: Does HP Service Test Support application/json content Type for Restful services.

Hi ,

I am also stuck in at the same place. I want to test JSON based web service. I followed the Help document but my server keeps on returning "HTTP 500 : INternal server error" ..

There is very little help mentioned in the document. Can anynbody post an exact solution as how to test a JSON web serivce. I also added the "Content-type" header as "application/json". It did not solve the issue.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
Murty_tvln
Message 4 of 5 (308 Views)

I am able to do it qwith service test11.5 by selecting request body as Json and successfully sent json request to api..

Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
punit_45
Message 5 of 5 (41 Views)

I had the same issue HTTP 500. You may need to add an additional header in the request and this resolved my issue.

Name: User-Agent

Value: Jakarta Commons-HttpClient/3.1

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation