Re: Does HP Service Test Support application/json content Type for Restful services. (439 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Ram Mitta
Message 1 of 5 (653 Views)

Does HP Service Test Support application/json content Type for Restful services.

If yes can some one give me pointers

Trusted Contributor
JPMS_1
Message 2 of 5 (638 Views)

Re: Does HP Service Test Support application/json content Type for Restful services.

Hi 

Yes, Service Test 11.20 supports Json as content type for REST Services, even it's already documented on the ST User Guide at page: 222 in the "How to Send a JSON Request to a REST Service" section.

Hope this helps. 

Juan Pablo MS
HP | Unified Functional Testing Engineer

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Occasional Visitor
QA_Tejas
Message 3 of 5 (546 Views)

Re: Does HP Service Test Support application/json content Type for Restful services.

Hi ,

I am also stuck in at the same place. I want to test JSON based web service. I followed the Help document but my server keeps on returning "HTTP 500 : INternal server error" ..

There is very little help mentioned in the document. Can anynbody post an exact solution as how to test a JSON web serivce. I also added the "Content-type" header as "application/json". It did not solve the issue.

Occasional Advisor
Murty_tvln
Message 4 of 5 (439 Views)

I am able to do it qwith service test11.5 by selecting request body as Json and successfully sent json request to api..

Occasional Advisor
punit_45
Message 5 of 5 (172 Views)

I had the same issue HTTP 500. You may need to add an additional header in the request and this resolved my issue.

Name: User-Agent

Value: Jakarta Commons-HttpClient/3.1

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.