Datasource path changed (186 Views)
Occasional Advisor
Akshu
Message 1 of 2 (186 Views)

Datasource path changed

Hi,

I created some test scripts in HP Service test 11.2  on the C:, and linked an excel file from the same directory as the data source. I then put a copy of these scripts on another machine in a different drive (F:) and then tried to open these scripts. HP Service test reports an error that it cannot open the scripts because the associated excel files are not be found in C:.

HP Service seems to force you to specify the file location as an absolute path. Is it possible in HP Service test to associate files using a relative path just like with QTP tests,or is there an alternative solution that can handle this.  

THanks !

Occasional Advisor
Ninfea
Message 2 of 2 (172 Views)

Re: Datasource path changed

I found that no metter where your script is located, HP thinks it's on C drive. I performed the following test with creating a file:

1. The test is located here: D:\UFT\Data\MQ\Tests

2. I want to create a file test.txt and I specify the path as ..\..\Messages and run the test

3. The test fails with error: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files\HP\Messages\test.txt'

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.