Re: Datasource path changed (135 Views)
Occasional Advisor
Akshu
Message 1 of 2 (149 Views)

Datasource path changed

Hi,

I created some test scripts in HP Service test 11.2  on the C:, and linked an excel file from the same directory as the data source. I then put a copy of these scripts on another machine in a different drive (F:) and then tried to open these scripts. HP Service test reports an error that it cannot open the scripts because the associated excel files are not be found in C:.

HP Service seems to force you to specify the file location as an absolute path. Is it possible in HP Service test to associate files using a relative path just like with QTP tests,or is there an alternative solution that can handle this.  

THanks !

Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
Ninfea
Message 2 of 2 (135 Views)

Re: Datasource path changed

I found that no metter where your script is located, HP thinks it's on C drive. I performed the following test with creating a file:

1. The test is located here: D:\UFT\Data\MQ\Tests

2. I want to create a file test.txt and I specify the path as ..\..\Messages and run the test

3. The test fails with error: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files\HP\Messages\test.txt'

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation