HP SHR and NPS Integration : How to check whether the export data files are being consumed by HP SHR (904 Views)
Frequent Advisor
naveenlingaraju
Message 1 of 26 (904 Views)

HP SHR and NPS Integration : How to check whether the export data files are being consumed by HP SHR

Hi,

The integration between HP SHR and HP NPS was done successful and the directory was created for the NPS export data files. The NPSExport data directory contains two sub-directories final and working, with final containing 5000+ files and working contains 0 files.

The Integration guide doesn't explains beyond the integration and directory creation. Can someone please explain me how to make the HP SHR to consume the files in NPS.

IS there any service that I need to start for this. Please explain.

Thanks

Naveen

Honored Contributor
m_vidyasagar
Message 2 of 26 (889 Views)

Re: HP SHR and NPS Integration : How to check whether the export data files are being consumed by HP

Hi Naveen,

SHR doesn't consume the files from the final and working directories of NPS ..

SHR connects to the NNM DB Every One Hour ( Default ) and collects the data metrics which are defined in the NPS_db_collection.xml file..

You are not able to see the data in the SHR since the Files from the Final directory are not moving into the NPS Database ( as you said there are 5000+ files left in Final directory without getting consumed ) , thereby when the SHR polls the NNM Database it sees no data in it..

- Vidyasagar Machani -

Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. -- Benjamin Franklin
Frequent Advisor
naveenlingaraju
Message 3 of 26 (884 Views)

Re: HP SHR and NPS Integration : How to check whether the export data files are being consumed by HP

Hi VidyaSagar,

Thanks for the Reply.

But the NPS reports looks fine by showing the data and proper graphs.

If the data is not collected to NPS dB then the NPS reports should show NO DATA right..? Correct me if I am wrong..?

Thanks

Naveen

Honored Contributor
m_vidyasagar
Message 4 of 26 (881 Views)

You are seeing the data in NPS ? ( then how come you have 5000k files in the final directory ..?? )

Anyways since there is data in the database , SHR will poll the NPS DB for data ..

Check in the Generic Database tab of the SHR , when's the last collected ?

Capture.JPG

Right from the integration the data is not collecting ?

Have you installed the ETL Content Packs ?

Check out the below logs :

collections.log

collectstep.log

dbcollector.log

Also, as a sanity check : Make sure the free disk space is not less than 5GB ..

- Vidyasagar Machani -

Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. -- Benjamin Franklin
Frequent Advisor
naveenlingaraju
Message 5 of 26 (873 Views)

Hi VidyaSagar,

Thats strange everything here.,. :)

1. There is data in the NPS DB and so I can see the data in NPS reports.

2. The last collected data is at 12:00 PM, thats perfect scheduling.

3. The Integration was done may be a month back, there is no data from NPS since then.

4. The ETL Content Packs have been installed.

5. The log files shows no error and even in the GUI, it shows the data collection is working fine but unable to check the integrity of the data.

For the Network Core content pack, the K_CI_Network table should contain the data so that the dependant data will be collected in the SH or SR table. But the K_CI_Network table is compltely null with the default one line. ( Attachment)

Frequent Advisor
naveenlingaraju
Message 6 of 26 (871 Views)

Hi VidyaSagar,

Documents were not able to attach from IE previosuly.

Attached here

Frequent Advisor
naveenlingaraju
Message 7 of 26 (863 Views)

Hi VidyaSagar,

You can avoid the usage of NPS Export Data directory in the replies, since I found that the Directory is configured for the SHA consumption from BSM.

The Main concern here is about the Data collection to HP SHR from NPS which is not happening. I agree to your information that the HP SHR connects to the NPS DB hourly once and fetch the data, but the SHR reports says NO DATA "Always".

Thanks

Naveen

Honored Contributor
m_vidyasagar
Message 8 of 26 (857 Views)

Hi Naveen,

Strange !!

Are streams related to the Network Content Packs are executing properly .. ?

Check the failed_to_load ,  failed_to_stage etc folders under the %pmdb_home%\stage ..

- Vidyasagar Machani -

Frequent Advisor
naveenlingaraju
Message 9 of 26 (854 Views)

Hi VidyaSagar,

Yes, the streams are executing properly, I checked in the Administration console for this.

There are no files in the failed_to_stage and in failed_to_load it has 3 files ( Attached) . But these files are not from NPS.

Thanks

Naveen

Honored Contributor
m_vidyasagar
Message 10 of 26 (850 Views)

Can you please send me the snapshot of "Connection Parameters" of NNM in the Generic Database tab ..

- Vidyasagar Machani -

Frequent Advisor
naveenlingaraju
Message 11 of 26 (846 Views)

Hi VidyaSagar,

Please find the attachment

Thanks

Naveen

Honored Contributor
m_vidyasagar
Message 12 of 26 (845 Views)

Apart from the snapshot which I have asked , attach the following log files :

collections.log

collectstep.log

dbcollector.log

- Vidyasagar Machani -

Honored Contributor
m_vidyasagar
Message 13 of 26 (843 Views)

Is the connection is happening successfully ?

URL which you have mentioned is strange , I suspect this could be the reason .. Change the URL as below and check after the next poll whether the data is collecting or not ..

jdbc:sybase:Tds:<IP_OR_FQDN_OF_NPS_DATABASE_SERVER>:9303/perfspi

- Vidyasagar Machani -

Frequent Advisor
naveenlingaraju
Message 14 of 26 (842 Views)

Yes VidyaSagar

Attached are the log files. Thank you

Thanks

Naveen

Honored Contributor
m_vidyasagar
Message 15 of 26 (838 Views)

[ Edited ]

I see no data is collected by SHR whenever it queried ..

For table  PM-NPS-C1-DEV_null_null_generic_nps_d_ComponentTopology time taken to load 0 rows from DB Datasource to target temp table was: 2656 milliseconds

However you can see for OM it is collecting the data 

Dumping 20909 rows for table OV_MS_NodeGroup_Messages

Have you made changes in the URL of the connection string as suggested in the previous post ?  If yes then ,do the "Test Connection" and wait for the next poll..

- Vidyasagar Machani -

Frequent Advisor
naveenlingaraju
Message 16 of 26 (828 Views)

Hi VidyaSagar,

Yes you are right. Data has been collected from the OMW efficiently but not from NPS.

I have not done any changes to the configuration.

Honored Contributor
m_vidyasagar
Message 17 of 26 (825 Views)

I said make changes as suggested in my prevoius post :

jdbc:sybase:Tds:<IP_OR_FQDN_OF_NPS_DATABASE_SERVER>:9303/perfspi

After making changes , do the "Test Connection" and make sure it is successful and wait for the next poll to see if any data is being collected by the SHR..

- Vidyasagar Machani -

Frequent Advisor
naveenlingaraju
Message 18 of 26 (820 Views)

Hi VidyaSagar,

I missed the reply.

I have made as informed by you. The string was given by HP for the HP SHR and NPS integration. Lets try yours.

I will update once the next poll executes.

Thanks

Naveen

Honored Contributor
m_vidyasagar
Message 19 of 26 (818 Views)

Hope you have tested the connection and the connection is successful..!!

Let's wait ..

- Vidyasagar Machani -

Frequent Advisor
naveenlingaraju
Message 20 of 26 (801 Views)

Hi VidyaSagar,

Yes the connection was successful. But still there is NO DATA in the reports and table too..

Thanks

Naveen

Honored Contributor
m_vidyasagar
Message 21 of 26 (796 Views)

I'm sorry abt that , Please raise the support case with HP..

One last pointer I can give you is : whether the Content Pack is hitting the right table belonging to the NPS DB when querying the database ? Have you modified the content pack ? if its default setup then get engage with the HP !!

- Vidyasagar Machani -

Frequent Advisor
naveenlingaraju
Message 22 of 26 (776 Views)

Hi VidyaSagar,

I am able to connect to the SybaseIQ of the NPS DB using the Sybase Central with a configuration "Connect to a running database in a cloud " and all the parameters that I have given for the integration works.

But the SHR SybaseIQ can be connected via the Sybase Central using "Connect to a running database on this computer". So this is two ways of connection and does is this is affecting the data flow..?

Do you know what is this Database in a cloud configuration..?

Thanks

Naveen

Honored Contributor
m_vidyasagar
Message 23 of 26 (772 Views)

In the NPS_DB.png you are connecting to the NPS Database which is installed in the same network..

In the SHR_DB.png you are connecting to the SHR Database which is installed locally ..

I dont see any issue here ..

- Vidyasagar Machani -

Honored Contributor
m_vidyasagar
Message 24 of 26 (427 Views)

Is this issue resolved?

I'm just curious to know what else could be reason!!
- Vidyasagar Machani -

Honored Contributor
Sujith Kumar C.S
Message 25 of 26 (16 Views)

Is this issue resolved? If yes can I have the solution. I have integrated SHR 9.31 (updated network content packs too) with NPS DB under but collection has not happened at all despite connection goes through. I have been trying from past one week but its not happening. HP Support is taking time to come up with a resolution. NPS has been upgraded with latest patch but collection is just not happening. Can someone shed some light please?

Thanks,

Sujith

Close the thread if your issue is resolved to make the thread meaningful and complete. Do show gratitude to people who helped you by assigning points.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.