06-24-2014 01:23 AM
I'm running hp Server Automation 9.13 on Linux Redhat 5.3
I'm planng to upgrade the system to version 10.01 i need to know the below:
- Do i need to downgrade first, and how to do that?
- Does the same ISO files for the installation will be used for the upgrade or they will be different?
- What benefits i will get from the upgrade?
- If i need to perform a fresh new installation, how can i keep the license? also if an install guide is available this will be much appreciated.
- Is it required to upgrade linux to version 5.10?
06-26-2014 05:24 AM
I see no reason you can't update to Red Hat 5.8 or 5.9. Maybe you know something I do not.
You have to downgrade to 9.10, then you can upgrade to 10, then to 10.01. Hopefully 10.10 will be out soon. You may want to open a support ticket to validate my response.
Go get the SA_10_UpgradeGuide.pdf and read through all 84 pages before you take any action.