Server Automation Integration (269 Views)
Frequent Advisor
cjefferson218
Message 1 of 3 (269 Views)
Accepted Solution

Server Automation Integration

I am running Server Automation 7.84 and am getting a message when I login saying cannot connect to Network Automation. The original installers of the system said it was easy to configure but they all left with no information on how. I am running NA 7.50.02, can anyone point me in the direction of a document or process that will get the two integrated.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
bryan_k
Message 2 of 3 (256 Views)

Re: Server Automation Integration

You can find detailed procedure to integrate SA with NA in SA 7.80 Planning and Installation Guide, page 120.
The message "cannot connect to Network Automation" means there is communication problem between SA and NA.
The required port between SA and NA are following:

• Port 1032 (NA to SA)
   NA must be able to access port 1032 on the server that is running the SA Web Services Data Access
   Engine component (part of the Component Slice bundle). By default, the Web Services Data Access
   Engine listens on port 1032.

• Port 8022 (Unix) / Port 22 (Windows) (SA to NA)
   For the Global File System (OGFS) feature to be able to display data about network devices, SA must
   have access to port 8022 (Unix-based NA Servers) and 22 (Windows-based NA Servers).

• RMI/JRMP Ports for NA API
   The NA API uses Java RMI to connect to the NA server. SA uses the NA API for the NA integration.
   RMI/JRMP requires that the following ports are open:
   - Port 1099
         JNDI
   - Port 4444
         RMI Object
   - Port 8083
         RMI
   - Dynamic
         RMI

And if you do NOT need integration with NA anymore, then remove configuration parameter from /etc/opt/opsware/twist/twist.conf in SA core server.
For more detail, please refer SA 7.80 Planning and Installation Guied, page 123

Regards,
bryan_k
Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
cjefferson218
Message 3 of 3 (239 Views)

Re: Server Automation Integration

Thanks that is what I needed. I just did not have that document in my archive.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation