Re: Server Automation Error (214 Views)
Occasional Contributor
alisyed
Message 1 of 8 (254 Views)

Server Automation Error

We are using HP SA 10.0 installed on RHEL 6.3. When i m clicking on SA Installation Agent i m getting error "No scannable Realms found, this may be you donot have access to any Realms"

Please help me out in adding the devices.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
pkernan
Message 2 of 8 (240 Views)

Re: Server Automation Error

This may be a Permissions issue for the user you are logged in as.  Make sure to verify that the group the user belongs to has Read/Write to the Facilitys and the permission to Allow Scan Network and Allow Managed Server in the Client Features part of Group Permissions.  

One other tidbit, make sure to have the just add the user to 1 group.  It should just have the group for its username (Personal user group) and then 1 group for permissions and you permission that group.  If you add more groups to the user then it will limit what you can do and the least amount of permissions will win out.

Thanks

pk

-------------------------------------------
Riverturn, Inc.
We design, deploy and support Automated Data Centers.

Check out our new website at http://www.riverturn.com for what we can do for you or for more expert advice on Automation.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
alisyed
Message 3 of 8 (219 Views)

I have logged through admin user than also the same error is coming.

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
Eduardo Molina
Message 4 of 8 (214 Views)

Try creating a user will full perms..do you still see the issue? Make a user with R/W perms to the facilty, make sure it has all actions, and make sure it is part of a group with full perms.

Eduardo Molina
SA Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution. Also, if you liked this post please consider providing Kudos on the left side.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
alisyed
Message 5 of 8 (206 Views)

this is already a admin user
Please use plain text.
Advisor
pkernan
Message 6 of 8 (203 Views)

The admin user by default doesn't have very many privileges.  The best bet here is to:

1) Verify the Opsware System Administrators group has all the privileges across all the features.  This will mean R/W for Facilities/Customers and all the rest of the components

2) Create a user account and add them to Opsware System Administrators

The admin user may not be in Opsware System Administrators group already so I can add them there too if you want but you need to make sure all the users have 1 group and that group is permissioned properly.

Thanks,

pk

-------------------------------------------
Riverturn, Inc.
We design, deploy and support Automated Data Centers.

Check out our new website at http://www.riverturn.com for what we can do for you or for more expert advice on Automation.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
alisyed
Message 7 of 8 (192 Views)

no sucess even after giving all permissions to user

Please use plain text.
Regular Advisor
quyenta
Message 8 of 8 (61 Views)

Hi all,

After I scan IP of server, and then I install agent into managed server. But Managed server did not appear in " All managed Server" tab.

How could into server which installed agent to "All managed server"?

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation