SA 7.8 Firewall Ports (331 Views)
Advisor
Fred Fang
Message 1 of 5 (331 Views)
Accepted Solution

SA 7.8 Firewall Ports

I had read the Planning and Installation manual before. I am still confusing in how to open firewall ports properly. Is there someone could help me?

The ports I am confusing:

1. Should Software Repository on Core Server and Software Repository Cache on Satellite Server firewall ports be opened?
2. HP SA Client uses port 8020 to SA Core Server. What port on Core Server should be opened?
3. On SA Satellite Server, port 3001 is used for Agent Gateway Proxy and Satellite Gateway? Is that true? Wouldn’t that cause any problem that one port is used for two different machines?
4. Should firewall ports of Web DAE (1032), DAE (1004), Command Engine (1018) and Global File System (2222) on Core Server be opened? If the answer is yes, what are the source machine/components?

Environment:
1. There are two LANs. We will install SA Core Server in one LAN and SA Satellite Server in another.
2. OS Provisioning component won’t be installed.
3. SA Core Server and SA Satellite Server could connect to each other across the LANs.
4. There are several network segments in each LAN.

Information required:
1. Which ports of firewall should be opened? (for SA Core Server, SA Satellite Server, SA Client, and SA Agents)
2. Is there any other environment requirements to manage servers across several network segments.
3. Is there any other requirements or any other thing we should notice when implementing?
Advisor
Adriano Pimentel
Message 2 of 5 (331 Views)

Re: SA 7.8 Firewall Ports

Hello

Fred, take a look in the file attached, please.

If anyone needs, I have a similar file for NAS ....

Thanks

Adriano Pimentel

Advisor
Adriano Pimentel
Message 3 of 5 (331 Views)

Sorry. File attached now!
Advisor
Fred Fang
Message 4 of 5 (331 Views)

Dear Adriano,

That is really helpful.

Thanks for your help.

BR,

Fred
Valued Contributor
LarsB
Message 5 of 5 (331 Views)

Adriano Pimentel, Great picture. I would like to see the HP-NA one as well if you could attach it.

Thanks!
-- Lars
http://www.augustschell.com
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.