Re: SA 10.10 is Due.... (1239 Views)
Frequent Advisor
TobyFruthParson
Message 1 of 17 (1,266 Views)
Accepted Solution

SA 10.10 is Due....

I was at Discover, where they announced SA 10.10.  We've had an online expert day where 10.10 was discussed. Now 10.10 shows up in the list when selecting SA versions when looking for patches.  Any possibility someone from HP can provide us with a hint when we might see 10.10?

Trusted Contributor
DBR
Message 2 of 17 (1,252 Views)

Re: SA 10.10 is Due....

It was released last week (6/19). I have already downloaded it and installed it.

Don
Trusted Contributor
DBR
Message 3 of 17 (1,250 Views)

The OO team is happy and proud to announce the new version of HP OO – version 10.10!

With the OO 10.10 release we focused our attention to the following themes and goals:
• Getting the job done quicker
• Improve the troubleshooting and debugging capabilities
• Adding better content management to enable enterprise content life cycle management
• Enterprise and Federal readiness
• Improve authoring experience when working in multi authoring environment
• Improve community integration and experience

This has resulted in a great release and OO 10.10 introduces so many enhancements and new features that we want to take the opportunity to present some of them here:
• LDAP Enhancements
o Multiple LDAPs
o Easier LDAP Configuration
o LDAP Configurations with attributes whose values will be used as groups
• Content Management Enhancements
o New Content Packs Tab
o Filters in the Flow Library
o New Tabs in Studio Dependencies Pane
• Run Explorer Enhancements
o Enhancements to the Run Explorer Filters
o Auto Refresh in Run Explorer
• Enhancements to the Displaying of Run Information
• Authoring Enhancements
o Remote Debugger Enhancements
o Rerunning Flows
o Studio Overrides
o Enforce Locking Policy
o Searching Content on HP Live Network from Studio
• Installation Enhancements
o Improved Installation Wizard
o Multiple Language Support (Chinese, English, French, German, Japanese, and Spanish)
o Improved pre-installation requirement checking
• Environment Enhancements
o Java Runtime Environment Upgraded to 7u55
o Updated Support Matrix
o SAML Authentication
o Step Log Mechan! ism
• Content
o IPv6 Support (Base CP)
o REST Wizard
o HP Onboard Administrator 4.0x
o HP Operations Manager i 9.23
o VMware vCenter Orchestrator 5.1 and 5.5
o Microsoft Windows 2012 R2, Active Directory 2012 R2, System Center 2012 R2
o Improved SSH and Create\Extract Zip Operations
• HP Live Network Updates

Overall, 500 defects were fixed and 145 enhancements were implemented of which 39 came directly from you.

LDAP Enhancements
The three main enhancements around the LDAP integration are around:
• Multiple LDAPs
• Easier LDAP Configuration
• LDAP Configurations with Attributes Whose Values will be Used as Groups

And the new login screen allows you to choose the domain related to each LDAP configuration:

Content Management Enhancements
OO 10.10 brings significantly improved content management capabilities. First, the new Content Pack tab:

Here you can see the deployed CPs including deployment information, and the contents a CP brings. And even more, you can see the changes that a new version of a CP brings:

Finally, you can now delete a content pack entirely.

A second big enhancement for content management is the filter in the Flow Library:

And the third major enhancement is the new tabs in Studio Dependencies pane:

Run Explorer Enhancements
In addition to the refresh in Run Explorer is now automatic and it has even less impact on the Central system (see the Environment Enhancements section for more details), a major enhancement is the set of new Run Explorer Filters:

Additionally, you can now adjust the appearance of the columns in the Run Explorer.

Enhancements to the Displaying of Run Information
There are many cool enhancements in regards to the information shown in Central during and after a run. During the run the first thing you will notice is the flow visualization, something that existed in 9x, but in OO 10.10 the visualization is much smoother, faster, and more precise:

Additionally, there are improvements in showing transitions, step details, and flow details:

And at last but not least, something many of us have been waiting for: a full run log with powerful search/find capability to help debug and quickly find the cause of errors:

Authoring Enhancements
One of the biggest enhancements in Studio is the addition of the Remote Debugger. The remote debugger allows you to run a flow that you are working on from Studio but on Central as if it had been deployed, but without the need to create and deploy a content pack first. This allows you to benefit from the Central environment including configuration item overrides, and access all RAS servers should a step need to traverse a network segment that is ! not poss ible from your Studio workstation etc. It is simple to configure and looks like this:

In the enhanced debug window you now see which values that are taken from the Central (indicated on the screenshot) or that comes from the local Studio environment:

The green arrow indicates that the flow is using a Central override for last of the system accounts.

The Remote Debug has another advantage which is that you can run an updated version of the flow from Studio without impacting the deployed version of the flow on Central, so that parallel runs of the flow are not impacted of the debugging.

In addition to debugging directly on the central you now also have the option to Rerun a Flow using the inputs that was used on Central. This is a great time savior for e.g. troubleshooting a failed run. Simply start a remote debugging session for the flow and choose the Rerun Flow option – this will prompt you the Run ID from Central, and then Studio load the inputs as was used for that Run ID, and you can start the debug session:

Sometimes during normal or remove debugging, you might need to change certain values temporarily. Studio 10.10 provides “Overrides” as this allows you either set a new value for configuration item that comes from a local loaded content pack (which is read-only) or on Central during remote debug. Managing overrides are done for each debug environment and is simple to handle:

Additionally, the Studio 10.10 debugger now has watches that work on variables etc. This is known from 9.07 but did not exist in 10.02.

!
In th e area multi author flow development there are several enhancements, the most significant being the addition of the Enforce Locking Policy. When this policy is enabled, it is not possible for a flow author to edit a flow with first acquiring a lock:

The last addition major addition to Studio, which we in the Community Assistance Team are particular happy about, is the ability to Search Content on HP Live Network!
This works both for content released by HP but also for community content and the search pane looks like this:

So start uploading your cool flows that can benefit your peers in the community :-)

Installation Enhancements
OO 10.10 comes with an improved Installation Wizard that among many things comes with Multiple Language Support (Chinese, English, French, German, Japanese, and Spanish):

The installer also has improved security options and improved pre-installation requirement checking.

Environment Enhancements
The OO platform environment has been improved as well. Some of the updates “under the hood” are:
• Java Runtime Environment Upgraded to 7u55
• Updated Support Matrix
• SAML Authentication

Finally, OO 10.10 has a new Step Log mechanism which has a clearer format, supports additional Central functionality, provides better run tracking, enables fluid and detailed run visualization, and the improved run log. The new Step Log mechanism replaces the Events mechanism from 10.0x which from a system perspective lowers maintenance and DB space requirement and at the same time increases scalability.

! Content< /h1>
A welcome addition is that all the operations from the Base Content Pack now support IPv6 (other CPs will follow in the future).

The new REST Wizard can help you quickly discover and create operations for REST APIs (requires that the target system supports Swagger). The wizard is easy to use and includes several advanced switches that allows you to create the operation, in the way that you prefer:

Additionally, the new content includes updates and additions for:
• HP Onboard Administrator 4.0x
• HP Operations Manager i 9.23
• VMware vCenter Orchestrator 5.1 and 5.5
• Microsoft Windows 2012 R2, Active Directory 2012 R2, System Center 2012 R2
• Improved SSH and Create\Extract Zip Operations

HP Live Network web site improvements
As you saw under enhancements for Studio where you can now directly search HPLN for OO content packs, the HP Live Network site receive quite many updates both visual facelifts and UI improvements as well as under the hood to support the new Studio integration.
Content on HPLN is now organized in what we call content offerings. A content offering could be one of the standard content packs such as base:

The OO community content now has the following content offerings:
DevOps • Disaster and Recovery • General Utilities • HP Solutions! & nbsp;• IT Operations • ITIL • Middleware • Network • Virtualization

And this is where you can share your flows with the community. These flows then become searchable directly from Studio. In the future we plan on further improving the integration between Studio and HPLN.

This was an overview of the major enhancements in OO 10.10 – we hope you will enjoy this release J
For a complete list of enhancement please see the release notes.

If you have an active support contract attached to your HP Passport account, you can download OO 10.10 now from the SSO Portal:
http://www.hp.com/software/updates

Don
Frequent Advisor
TobyFruthParson
Message 4 of 17 (1,245 Views)

Don,

The question was about SA 10.10.  I already have OO 10.10 and UD 10.11.

I do not see SA 10.10 available in the software portal, either as patch or update.  Ans yes, my SAID is under maintenance.

Trusted Contributor
DBR
Message 5 of 17 (1,239 Views)

Sorry about that. You are correct. I haven't seen it yet either.

Don
Frequent Advisor
TobyFruthParson
Message 6 of 17 (1,238 Views)

I'm definitely excited about both releases, as well as NA 10, which also appears to be right around the corner. Thanks for replying.
Frequent Advisor
kimo
Message 7 of 17 (1,179 Views)

Hello,

How can i upgrade from 10.0 to 10.01?

Thanks

Frequent Advisor
TobyFruthParson
Message 8 of 17 (1,170 Views)

From 10.0 to 10.01 should be a non-issue.  What I'm eager to know is if we can go from 10 to 10.10 without first going to 10.01.

Frequent Advisor
TobyFruthParson
Message 9 of 17 (1,118 Views)

Just downloaded SA 10.10.

Occasional Advisor
mhalderman
Message 10 of 17 (1,024 Views)

Going from SA 10.0 to 10.10 worked for me. (hpsa_upgrade)

Frequent Advisor
TobyFruthParson
Message 11 of 17 (1,016 Views)

10.10 is out, yes, but upgrade does not appear to support FIPS compliance.  Unless someone from HP has information to the contrary, if you want the FIPS compliance in 10.10 you will have to perform a clean install.

As for upgrade, I tried upgrade from clean install of 10 to 10.10 and it utterly failed, despite a healthy system.  I must have missed something.

Occasional Advisor
mhalderman
Message 12 of 17 (1,013 Views)

For your failed SA 10.10 upgrade...Did you provide a valid CDF file? (/var/opt/opsware/install_opsware/cdf/*)

I think with SA 10 they have gone away from using response files and started using CDF files. (core definitions file)

hpsa_upgrade --cdf_file /var/opt/opsware/install_opsware/cdf/xxxxx

Frequent Advisor
TobyFruthParson
Message 13 of 17 (1,003 Views)

To the best of my knowledge I followed the steps correctly, including the CDF file.  I started with a clean environment (I think) and installed 10.0, then did an upgrade to 10.10. 

I don't recall where the upgrade failed, and because of time constraints and the need for our production environment I went back to 9.10, updated to 9.14, applied the latest 9.14 rollup, and updated to 9.16.  I then updated production to 9.16.  I will revisit the test environment, the 10.10 path, and the virtualization of the Oracle servers later. 

I have run out of time to mess with 10.10 right now.  Also, unless I can upgrade 9.16 to 10.10 and have the FIPS compliance, I'll more likely be standing up 10.10 clean and migrating.

Advisor
Ramon_Vazquez
Message 14 of 17 (987 Views)

I've done recently an upgrade from SA 10.01 to 10.10, no problem at all. Maybe the only trick was on post configuration to give rights for new features (chef, Windows 2012 R2...)

Regards,

Ramon

Occasional Visitor
SwaroopG
Message 15 of 17 (873 Views)

Hi,

Can you please share document on installation and configuration of HP SA 10.10.

Regards

Visitor
naani2223
Message 16 of 17 (298 Views)

Hi Ramon,

I am trying to upgrade HPSA 9.10 to 10.00 and then to 10.10. Can you please provide any material or PDF doc for the steps of installtion and Upgradation.

Regards,

Naani.

Ramon_Vazquez wrote:

I've done recently an upgrade from SA 10.01 to 10.10, no problem at all. Maybe the only trick was on post configuration to give rights for new features (chef, Windows 2012 R2...)

Regards,

Ramon

Visitor
naani2223
Message 17 of 17 (290 Views)

Any documents or Link to help us reg the upgrade?

Regards,

Naani

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.