Run HPSA OGFS script from the global shell (1301 Views)
Trusted Contributor
DBR
Message 1 of 4 (1,301 Views)

Run HPSA OGFS script from the global shell

How do you run a HPSA OGFS script from the global shell.  I have a OGFS script stored in HPSA called testOO.ogfs located in / in the Library.

I can't figure out how to run this from the global shell.

Thanks!

Don

Occasional Advisor
Csaba
Message 2 of 4 (1,284 Views)

Re: Run HPSA OGFS script from the global shell

Hi there.

One way to run an ogfs script from the global shell is:

cd /opsw/Library/hello-world/@/method

./.startOGFSScript\:i self:n='hello-world'  "args={timeout=60 tailOutputSize=10}"

the above will return a job id, which you can then view with the methods related to the job service.

The above example implies the name of the script: hello-world, located in the root of the software library.

Thank you.

Regards,

Csaba

Trusted Contributor
DBR
Message 3 of 4 (1,279 Views)

Thanks!

Don

Occasional Visitor
mostynt
Message 4 of 4 (1,258 Views)

If you don't want to run it as a job that you subsequently need to get the result of, you can also do something like

./getSource versionLabel=2 | sh

The above simply gets version 2 of the source for the script and pipes it to a shell. The output is sent straight to your global shell session

The following will get and execute the current version of the script source (bit clunky but it works)

./getSource `cat ../attr/currentVersion | grep 'versionLabel' | tr -d '"'` | sh

If you need to pass parameters in to your script you can do this (even clunkier)

./getSource `cat ../attr/currentVersion | grep 'versionLabel' | tr -d '"'` > /tmp/thing; sh /tmp/thing parm1 parm2 parm3

Thanks

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.