Package Symantec Netbackup Installer (264 Views)
Occasional Advisor
JunHao
Message 1 of 4 (264 Views)

Package Symantec Netbackup Installer

Hi Experts

I have a situation. I'm in the midst of packaging (zip package) the Symantec Netbackup Installer for my HP SA. But according to my counter part which is Syamntec engineer, there is no silent/response files for Symantec Netbackup for Linux.

I would want to know anyone other there face this problem before? Where can I get the silent/response file for this installer?

Please advise

Thanks

Jun Hao

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
lazarmi
Message 2 of 4 (237 Views)

Re: Package Symantec Netbackup Installer

Hey JunHao,

You're saying that a vendor's representative is saying that no silent installation nor response file

and you're asking HP support for one?

Mihai Lazar
Technical Solutions Consultant

*If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
JunHao
Message 3 of 4 (231 Views)

Hi Mihai Lazar

According to the symantec engineer, there is not such silent installation file or response file for linux agent installation. Tha't why I posting this thread to confirm the statement.

Sounds like I should ask the support engineer to post on Symantec forum.

Thanks
Jun Hao
Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
Bertram Fukuda
Message 4 of 4 (183 Views)

I ran into a similiar issue with a different product.  What I ended up doing was modifying the install script to make it non-interactive (not sure if you can do that) and remade the zip file.  Then we used a software policy to simply install the zip file and wrote a OGSH script to run the installation script. 

HTH,

Bert

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation