New Forum: Server Automation Support Customer Forum ! (955 Views)
Neighborhood Admin
BGroot
Message 1 of 10 (955 Views)

New Forum: Server Automation Support Customer Forum !

[ Edited ]

Hi, 

We have heard requests from our customers to offer support via the community forums. After a successful pilot on our Service Manager product, we are starting on June 1st with a Support Customer Forum for our Server Automation product.   

This forum will only be accessible to those customers who have a valid support contract. This is an additional service for those customers who have a valid support contract on these products.

We have created an automatic process, which will check if there is a valid support contract on logon to the community. It is essential that customers link a valid support contract to their HP Passport profile. We have attached a document which will explain linking a support contract to an HP Passport profile.    

Expect the following activities in the Support customer forum:

• Expert sessions on product related topics via short videos and the ability to ask questions related to the specific session ;
  • Tips and tricks;
  • Information which will improve users knowledge of Server Automation;
  • Discussions with support experts.

We are also giving customers the possibility to request which activities they would like to see in this forum. 

Our expert team of Server Automation Engineers will be actively monitoring these forums to answer questions. We encourage customers to try out this method of support rather than placing a telephone call or logging an online ticket. We do realize there will be situations where a support call is necessary, where we need to do more research.

However, we are hoping that customers will use this forum to get information or help on the Server Automation Topics. 

As we look to the future, we believe this is a medium where we can provide quick support, share knowledge and help customers use the Server Automation product to run their businesses optimally. 

We will still be monitoring the existing public Server Automation forum, but we will prioritize questions coming into this new forum from our customers that have a support contract.

The prerequisite in accessing this new forum will be a valid support contract. Once a valid support contract is linked a users’ HP Passport account, access to the Server Automation Support Customer Forum should be visible. If  access is not granted, please send an email to swcommunity@hp.com and include the valid support contract number along with a company email address and the user’s screen name in the community. 

We hope we can use this forum to build a closer relationship and help build customers’ knowledge on the Server Automation Product.  

For any questions or comments, please do not hesitate to ask via swcommunity@hp.com  or reply to this post. 

Greetings, 

The HP Software Support Team

Advisor
mattbowden
Message 2 of 10 (904 Views)

Re: New Forum: Server Automation Support Customer Forum !

can you proivde a link to the new forum?

Neighborhood Admin
BGroot
Message 3 of 10 (898 Views)

Hi Matt,

This forum is only accessible if you have a valid support contract tied to your HP Passport file. When you login to the community this is checked and if valid you will be granted access to the forum. If you don't have a valid support contract tied to your HP Passport file, then you will not be able to see or access the forum.

When you access the Server Automation category and you have a valid support contract tied to your HP Passport file you should see two forums, namely:

• Server Automation Support and News Forum ( this is a public forum)
  • Server Automation Support Customer Forum ( this is the forum that you will see with a valid support contract)

In the previous post you can download a document on how you can tie your Support Agreement ID to your HP Passport profile.

Hope this helps?

Greetings,

Bill

Advisor
mattbowden
Message 4 of 10 (874 Views)

I have a valid SAID - expires 2012-11-30, I still dont see the other forum you are referring to.

this is all I see under the below section:

Community Home > Software > Products > Server Automation

* Server Automation Support and News Forum (160)

thanks,

Neighborhood Admin
BGroot
Message 5 of 10 (860 Views)

Hi Matt,

Is your SAID tied to your HP Passport profile? Have you checked it?

Please check to make sure and if this is the case, if it is then please send me a private email with your SAID and I will look into it for you.

Greetings,

Bill

Frequent Advisor
Message 6 of 10 (836 Views)

Hi BGRoot,

I posted a issue whether it will be taken care by HP Support Engineer also

Description is "HP OMW 9.0 stops @ step#17"

Neighborhood Admin
BGroot
Message 7 of 10 (829 Views)

Hi 211503,

Did you post it in the Operations Manager fro Windows Support Customer Forum? These forums are being monitored by support engineers on a best effort basis. If you have a valid support contract tied to your HP Passport profile then you should be able to see the forum.

I checked and you have posted your question in the public forum Systems Management (OpenView-OP Mgmt) Support and News Forum .  

If you want support engineers to react to your question then you need to post it in the Operations Manager fro Windows Support Customer Forum.

This post doesn't belong in this forum as this is for Server Automation product questions.

Greetings,

Bill

Valued Contributor
Todd Bowden
Message 8 of 10 (709 Views)

Are Server Automation Documentation available on HP's website?  I have had a lot of trouble finding the administrators guide.

Trusted Contributor
DBR
Message 9 of 10 (707 Views)

You must have a support contract to see the documents.

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/manuals

Don

Frequent Advisor
csaunderson
Message 10 of 10 (683 Views)

I had the same problem with viewing the DMA content, and the fix was to remove and then re-add the problem SAID. I do think there's a problem if we have to do that to see content, but byzantine knowledge bases are not my speciality.

Chris

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.