Re: Minimum Bandwidth Required for SA (503 Views)
Advisor
Lingeshwar
Message 1 of 5 (520 Views)

Minimum Bandwidth Required for SA

Hello Experts,

We have a requirement to manage the server remotely for monitoring, patching and log collection etc on low bandwidth link (mostly 384 K).

Would it be possible achieve above requirement with SA with this low bandwidth or any other HP tools can be recommended here

Thanks,

Lingesh

Advisor
Lingeshwar
Message 2 of 5 (503 Views)

Re: Minimum Bandwidth Required for SA

Hi All,

I understand,

SA Management Network supply Bandwidth throttling service.  It lets system architectures determine how much bandwidth SA and any SA applications can consume as it traverses the network to a particular device.

May I get some more details on this Bandwidth throttling service in SA and how to configure it.

Thanks

Lingesh

Trusted Contributor
filippos_c
Message 3 of 5 (462 Views)

Hello Lingesh,

I am not familiar with such a service, where was that mentioned? Server Automation in itself does not require a lot of bandwidth, it is much dependant on what you are planning to use the server for. 

For patching a server in such a slow line you may have to modify the wayscripts to increase all the timeouts, and you may run into issues if certain tools need to be transferred from the core to the server (such as patch database/utilities and so on). 

I can only speak for SA to say it might be possible, however for big patch jobs such as transferring a whole service pack, you may run into issues with timeouts. I would suggest if you decide to go forward with SA, and you have the server available, to open a case with Support to assist you further, as modifying the wayscripts I mentioned above can be a difficult task.

Regards,

Filippos

--
Filippos Chalvatzoglou
Server Automation & BSA Essentials Support
HP Software

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

Help us keep these forums active!
Occasional Advisor
caffe_caldo
Message 4 of 5 (423 Views)

I would like to add that SA is not the correct product for use as a (near) realtime monitoring solution.

As for log collection, you might want to consider having a cronjob (or Windows equivalent) collect a subset of the logs (eg, only logs modified in the past 24 hours) and make a gzipped copy before pulling down over the wire.

Advisor
Ricardo Carrillo Cruz
Message 5 of 5 (386 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi

I agree with caffe_caldo comments.

Although SA will get improvements on its monitoring capabilities, it's not a full-fledged solution for monitoring.

You may want to consider checking HP Sitescope for that, in fact there are HP Solutions like CSA for Matrix that offer integration between HP SA and Sitescope.

Regards

HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.