Re: Installaing HP Server Automation (545 Views)
Regular Advisor
AKUK
Message 1 of 5 (556 Views)
Accepted Solution

Installaing HP Server Automation

Hello,

I'm attemting to learn HP SA and as I was going through the "SA_9.10_CompatibilityMatrix.pdf" and I got confused? Can I install HP SA on Windows?

Thanx.

Valued Contributor
LarsB
Message 2 of 5 (545 Views)

Re: Installaing HP Server Automation

No.   You can not install HPSA on a Windows OS.

Scroll down in the Compatibility Matrix to the section with the header "Server Automation Core Server Support" for a list of available OS Platforms you can install HPSA on.   Various versions of RHEL, SunOS, and SLES.

-- Lars
http://www.augustschell.com
Frequent Advisor
kimo
Message 3 of 5 (314 Views)

Can version 10.01 be installed on windows?

Frequent Advisor
TobyFruthParson
Message 4 of 5 (302 Views)

SA cores, satellites, and model repositories run on Linux.

There is a Windows patching caching feature, I think, but now that I'm looking through the docs I can't seem to find the information.

Advisor
JBentley
Message 5 of 5 (99 Views)

The compatibility Matrix breaks out the list for the various components of HPSA and what platforms they can be installed on.  The Infrastructure components (cores, slice, etc) must be on Unix based OS's.  I'd recommend Linux, as our experience with putting HPSA on Solaris SPARC server has been horrendously slow.  Perhaps a Solaris Intel host may be a different story.  We put ours on RHEL.

The agents can be installed on nearly every modern day Server OS like Windows, Linux and Solaris.  But the Core MUST be on Unix.  No way around it.

The Windows Patching Cache feature still runs on Linux and is a part of the Slice Bundle IIRC.  It has to do with distributing the load of agent deployments to large volumes of Windows systems, and possibly for distibuting the workload of patch downloading.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.