How to check hard disk status with management software (1310 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Rulf_T
Message 1 of 3 (1,310 Views)
Accepted Solution

How to check hard disk status with management software

I am a new comer to HP server family. 

I access to a HP ProLiant ML350 G3 Server remotely.  There was no HP management software.  The user said that one of total 3 hard disk might be failed, owing to with different light signal.  I need to check if it is the case.

I have downloaded and installed the followings:

** CRITICAL ** HP System Management Homepage for Windows x86 v7.1.1.1
* RECOMMENDED * HP Insight Management Agents for Windows Server 2003/2008 v8.30.0.0
HP Systems Insight Manager for Microsoft Windows
HP ProLiant Array Configuration Utility for Windows v9.10.22.0

However, I cannot get server hardware health status from HP System Management web page.

Please help tell what have been missed.

HP Expert
tbryceryan
Message 2 of 3 (1,299 Views)

Re: How to check hard disk status with management software

Hi:

This forum is for support of the HP Software product "Server Automation." Your questions seem oriented toward hardware management support. I recommend visiting the community forums for HP Servers (Community Home->Forums->Servers, for example) and seeing if there is a relevant forum there. If not, you could perhaps search the server forums for ProLiants, or perhaps ask in one of the ProLiant forums.
HP Premier Support

If you find this or any post resolves your issues, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Occasional Visitor
Rulf_T
Message 3 of 3 (1,290 Views)

Re: How to check hard disk status with management software

Thank you for your reminding!

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.