Re: HPSA Oracle backup (115 Views)
Frequent Advisor
Bertram Fukuda
Message 1 of 3 (132 Views)

HPSA Oracle backup

I'm trying to figure out the best way to backup the Oracle database for HPSA.  I was hoping they would have included a built-in backup script (akin to HP Operations Manager's opcbackup_online) but am out of luck.  I was thinking about using RMAN to backup on the database base and have my backup software just grab those files.  I was hoping to not reinvent the wheel.  How is everyone else backing up your database?

TIA,

Bert

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
Eduardo Molina
Message 2 of 3 (126 Views)

Re: HPSA Oracle backup

Hello!  PAge 47 has the answer:

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM1162967/binary/SA_9.10_OracleSetupModelRepositor...

Eduardo Molina
SA Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution. Also, if you liked this post please consider providing Kudos on the left side.
Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
Bertram Fukuda
Message 3 of 3 (115 Views)

Re: HPSA Oracle backup

Eduardo-

Thanks for the info but not really what I was looking for.  I'm looking more for how people are backing up their database server whereas the doc just lays out the different options. 

Thanks,
Bert

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation