HPSA Cores on a virtual platform. (128 Views)
Occasional Collector
BradDS
Message 1 of 4 (128 Views)
Accepted Solution

HPSA Cores on a virtual platform.

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone knows of any HP documentation regarding running HPSA Cores on virtual hardware (ESX specifically). I'm putting a design together and theres a debate internally as to whether or not it is supported for production use.

Has anyone got a link/doc I can refer too?

Thanks,

Brad

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Ricardo Carrillo Cruz
Message 2 of 4 (117 Views)

Re: HPSA Cores on a virtual platform.

[ Edited ]

Hi Brad

For these type of questions it´s always handy the Supported Platforms matrix:

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM1203176/51220843002ca1c48151d8d8/SA_9.14_Support...

It mentions in a note:

"

Note 3 - SA 9.10 cores running on VMware ESX VM's are supported when specific requirements are met. For details on these requirements, please download and read the
“SA_9.10_Simple_Adv_Installation_Guide” on the http://h20230.www2.hp.com/selfsolve/manuals website.

"

So, it´s possible, have a look at the Simple/Advancaed Install guide for more details.

Regards

HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Collector
BradDS
Message 3 of 4 (110 Views)

Exactly what i was looking for - thanks!

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Todd McDaniel_1
Message 4 of 4 (92 Views)

Installing on a vm is perfectly fine, just be careful of replicating it.

Cloning a system with HPSA installed can be tricky.

Copying the vm is fine as a backup, but cloning removes some vital OS elements that are tied into the HPSA installation.

We are attempting to work throught this very issue of cloning having broken our install.

Unix, the other white meat.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation