Re: HP Server9.10 Automation Failed (165 Views)
1m
Occasional Advisor
Message 1 of 5 (262 Views)

HP Server9.10 Automation Failed

Hi,

I am installing HPSA in RHEl 5,what is missing can anyone let me know .Please find  below error attached.

[root@hpsa mnt]# sh /mnt/diskupdate/opsware_installer/install_opsware.sh -r /usr/tmp/oiresponse.slices_master_typical

Distribution version = opsware_45.0

Script started, file is /var/log/opsware/install_opsware/install_opsware.2014-01-16.13:35:37.log
Removing directory /var/tmp/oitmp ...
/mnt/diskupdate/python_installations/Linux/python/bin/python2 /mnt/diskupdate/opsware_installer/install_opsware.pyc  --os_type Linux --os_version 5SERVER-X86_64 --manifest /mnt/diskupdate/manifest.inst --progname /var/tmp/oitmp//install_opsware.sh  -r /usr/tmp/oiresponse.slices_master_typical --logfile install_opsware.2014-01-16.13:35:37_verbose.log
Welcome to the Opsware Installer.
Please select the components to install.

Please enter the directory path containing the Microsoft patching utilities. Press Control-I for a list of required files or enter "none" if you do not wish to upload the utilities at this time [/mnt/winshare]: /mnt/winshare
Validating... OK.

All parameters have values.  Do you wish to finish the interview? (y/n): y
Name of response file to write [/usr/tmp/oiresponse.slices_master_typical]:
The file /usr/tmp/oiresponse.slices_master_typical exists. Overwrite? (y/n): y
[Jan-16-2014 13:37:53] >>>>Installing preliminary components

[Jan-16-2014 13:37:58] >>>>Installing component Software Repository - Content (install once per mesh)
WARNING: an error was detected while running an external
command or script.  The output follows:
Verifying dependencies
Verifying uploads are allowed on this system: FAILURE (Software Repository Storage is not installed on this host.)
[Jan-16-2014 13:37:59] Component installation script encountered an error (exit status 1)
[Jan-16-2014 13:37:59] Exiting Opsware Installer.

For more details, please see the following file:
/var/log/opsware/install_opsware/install_opsware.2014-01-16.13:35:37_verbose.log

Script done, file is /var/log/opsware/install_opsware/install_opsware.2014-01-16.13:35:37.log
[root@hpsa mnt]#

Regards,

Mallikarjun

Regular Advisor
Message 2 of 5 (229 Views)

Re: HP Server9.10 Automation Failed

Mallikarjun,

Are you installing a new core? or trying to stand up a MultiMaster Mesh?  I guess if we understood what you're trying to do we could provide better answers.

Thanks,
Bert

1m
Occasional Advisor
Message 3 of 5 (217 Views)

Hi,

Please find log details below and Installing new core.

[root@hpsa init.d]# /etc/init.d/opsware-sas status

-------------- verify_ports --------------
(No status to report)

-------------- spin --------------
Verify hostname "localhost" is listening on port 1007: SUCCESS
Verify communication with local Spin service: SUCCESS

-------------- opsware-agent --------------
Verify "opsware-agent" running: SUCCESS
Successfully performed "status" operation on Opsware SAS components.
[root@hpsa init.d]#

1m
Occasional Advisor
Message 4 of 5 (213 Views)

Hi,

Please find logs attached of HPSA 9.10 for your reference.First time i am installing HPSA and referred HPSA pdf.

Could you share HPSA document that would be great.

Thanks

Occasional Contributor
Message 5 of 5 (165 Views)

Hi,

At the time of installation you are giving value for "Microsoft patching utilities" as "/mnt/winshare", Please check once before installating wheather you have those files are mounted or not. If not please provide none as value for that parameter and try to install.

FYI:

Please enter the directory path containing the Microsoft patching utilities. Press Control-I for a list of required files or enter "none" if you do not wish to upload the utilities at this time [/mnt/winshare]: /mnt/winshare

If you have any issue drop an email to nageshshenishetty@gmail.com

Regards

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.