Re: HP Server Automation and HP IO (374 Views)
Occasional Advisor
JunHao
Message 1 of 5 (409 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP Server Automation and HP IO

Hi Expert

I'm not sure anyone of you did the integration with HPIO and HP Server Automation.

I have some issue here.

Currently the setup of my HP Server Automation is running on Enterprise version. I use OS Build Plan to do the integration with HPIO. All my OS Build Plan able to view in the HPIO.

But now when I try to provision a image, I have some problem. According to the log,

@!@,2013-10-10 18:13:00 SGT,ERROR,Register Managed Node Component,TargetNodesHandler.registerManagedNodeForDS(),,"Deployment Server Access Layer" returned error message=Configure automatic provisioning rule failed on every known HPSA facilities. Verify, if the user have correct permission and/or the DHCP role is configured minimum on a facility,Fix the problem outlined and retry,
@!@,2013-10-10 18:13:00 SGT,INFO,Register Managed Node Component,CoreApiImpl.registerManagedNodeForDS(),,API completed successfully - resulted in rs=2001,Ending API: registerManagedNodeForDS(),

The user that I used to do the integration is a user that have all th permission. But yet seems like give the permission error.

Anyone can advise?

Many thanks in advance

Thanks

Jun Hao

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Ricardo Carrillo Cruz
Message 2 of 5 (374 Views)

Re: HP Server Automation and HP IO

Hi Jun Hao

Are you confident that HPSA provisioning setup was made in the SA core?

Please login to the SA core and run this:

/opt/opsware/dhcpd/sbin/dhcpdtool

Paste the output you get, it will show if there was any DHCP setup at all in the core.

Regards

HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
JunHao
Message 3 of 5 (362 Views)

Hi All

I resolved the problem.

I think the configuration of the permission is the misconfiguration for the error that I posted.

Thanks

Jun Hao

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
_GMS_
Message 4 of 5 (238 Views)

Hi Jun

Would you mind sharing the details of your solution please. Running into the same errors in our system.

"configuration of the permission" - where are the permissions configured and what permissions where needed.

Thanks

Raymond

Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
JunHao
Message 5 of 5 (205 Views)

Hi Raymond

You need to logon to the HP SA web page and check the permission of the user that you used to perform the integration with CMS.
Kindly give Administrator rights to test it out

Thanks
Jun Hao
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation