Re: Create user (324 Views)
Advisor
Bobby_HP
Message 1 of 7 (341 Views)
Accepted Solution

Create user

Hi,

Could some one suggest me how to create a password for the new SA user to login SA client first time.

Regards,

Bobby

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
molinabro1
Message 2 of 7 (333 Views)

Re: Create user

The admin user, or a user with enough permissions can create/modify a user and create/modify its password

Ed Molina
HP Cloud Solution Support Engineer

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution. Also, if you liked this post please consider providing Kudos on the left side.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Bobby_HP
Message 3 of 7 (329 Views)

Hi,

thanks.. I created a new user in SA and where can we assign a default password for that user.

I just require to generate a password for him to login the SA client.

is there any command to generate a password or which option in SA to create a password for the specific user

Thanks,
Bobby

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
molinabro1
Message 4 of 7 (324 Views)

If you are using a SA version below SA 10, go to the Web Client and log in with a user with enough privileges to be able to see other users and modify their password. Once you do this, inform the user the new password and he should be able to log in with that new password.

If you have SA 10 you can do this through the SA Java client.

Ed Molina
HP Cloud Solution Support Engineer

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution. Also, if you liked this post please consider providing Kudos on the left side.
Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
LarsB
Message 5 of 7 (305 Views)

You've been able to create users in the HPSA java client for awhile in 9x.

If you're not seeing a place to put a password when you create the account, your most likely doing 'import user' and adding an AD integrated user.  If that is the case have the user user their AD name and password to logon to HPSA.

-- Lars
http://www.augustschell.com
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Bobby_HP
Message 6 of 7 (304 Views)

Thanks you..

Am using 9x, could you please tell me which option will modify the password in web client. Am able to see create, suspend, delete

however, I have admin privileges ..
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Bobby_HP
Message 7 of 7 (290 Views)

Hi,

am not getting option to provide a default password while creating a user.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation