Re: BSAE Performance (161 Views)
Frequent Advisor
csaunderson
Message 1 of 3 (170 Views)

BSAE Performance

Am I the only person in the world running BSAE and dealing with the single-threaded performance bottleneck of the loader?

I have a 16 core Proliant DL580G4 that is basically sitting idle as the single java process that is tuned up to 4GB of memory sits there chugging along, eating one core and one core only.

Is there any means by which I can run a second loader for the OO data that I'm also interleaving into this BSAE instance? How are others (if at all) dealing with this? I get lovely backlogs of multiple GB of data that take days to process.

Thanks,

Chris

Advisor
mattbowden
Message 2 of 3 (161 Views)

Re: BSAE Performance

What version are you running?  I know we had some of those problems with the first BSAE version 2.x.

I'm reaching out to our guy internally that worked with support on the single-threaded issue to get the details.

Frequent Advisor
csaunderson
Message 3 of 3 (158 Views)

Re: BSAE Performance

9.10. We did that as a part of our upgrade. The single threaded loader is the problem, and I'm looking to see if there's a way (other than waiting for an enhancement) to multithread at least the input from the two dataminers we have, one for OO and one for SA.

Chris

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.