Agent performance (182 Views)
Regular Advisor
Bertram Fukuda
Message 1 of 3 (182 Views)

Agent performance

Hi.  I trying to figure out the best way to find out what performance hit the managed server takes when the agent kicks off an inventory.  In order to do this, I thought I should get educated on the agent.  Do anyone have a guide that details how the agent functions.  IE runs rpm -qa to get the package details.  I understand there are many variables that effect the inventory based on how the system is built but want to atleast get a good starting point. 

OR if someone has already done this and would share the information that would be great.

Our customer has asked us to investigate since they have some high-priority systems that run pretty close to the wire.

Thanks,

Bert 

HP Expert
molinabro1
Message 2 of 3 (159 Views)

Re: Agent performance

this might help..

Ed Molina
HP Cloud Solution Support Engineer

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution. Also, if you liked this post please consider providing Kudos on the left side.
HP Expert
MattEash
Message 3 of 3 (134 Views)

Re: Agent performance

[ Edited ]

Bertram:

We actually have available a large set of documentation that cover Server Automation Performance.  We have fairly large (6MB) PDF that can be referenced. 

Part of that document is a section on "Agent Characterization"  I can't upload the full document here (file is too large), however you should be able to get this document from the HP Support team.

I've attached the "Agent Characterization" document for your convenience. 

If you'd like the full document, please open a Support Case and request the "SA Performance White Papers"

-matt-

Server Automation Product Manager

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Matt Eash
Server Automation Product Manager
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.