Re: ldapux integration with openldap, using automounter (120 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Robert Mach
Message 1 of 3 (308 Views)

ldapux integration with openldap, using automounter

Hello,

I have been struggling with integrationg the ldapux (B.05.01) autethication agains users stored in openldap directory. Everything seem to work fine after some time of playing around.

The only thing I can't get working are the automounter maps. For configuration of ldapux client, I don't use neither setup or autosetup, it just don't work with openldap. I set it up by configuring the files and the authentication works fine. 

Only  the automounter's maps for autofs wont. I have created the maps ldif from files using the migrate_automount.pl script, I sucessfully placed them in the directory, I placed following attribute in the appropriate uxprofile:automount: automountMapName=home.map,dc=app,dc=company,dc=test (pointing to the right ldap entry), but I can't get the ldpaux client to even search for the autmount maps in the directory. There is no such a logs on the directory.

Is there some place where I can tell the ldapux client to serach for the maps in directory? 

In /etc/nsswitch.conf i have : 

automount:      ldap

Does anyone have a clue?

BoB

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
Robert Mach
Message 2 of 3 (244 Views)

Re: ldapux integration with openldap, using automounter

Any ideas, anyone?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Stijn Adriaensens
Message 3 of 3 (120 Views)

Re: ldapux integration with openldap, using automounter

Try with the following contents in your /etc/auto_master file: 

# ll /etc/auto_master
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 87 Jul 9 11:31 /etc/auto_master

# cat /etc/auto_master
+auto_master
/net -hosts -nosuid,soft,nobrowse
/home /etc/auto_home -nobrowse

In auto_home I also put 

+auto_home

at the first line.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation