03-16-2006 05:05 AM
We have ISEE installed on an EVA3000. Problem is nobody remembers the username/password. I tried the default username/password but it didn't work.
What do I have to do to be able to change username/password. I couldn't find any doc. about it.
Solved! Go to Solution.
03-16-2006 05:18 AM
-r-------- 1 root bin 634 Feb 1 17:00 privkey.bin
-r-------- 1 root bin 162 Feb 1 17:00 pubkey.bin
I dont have sure, but I think is possible password built in these files.
03-16-2006 05:38 AM
The SAN Appliance for the EVA3000 is a Windows 2000 system. I was able to find those files in c:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\ISEE\MotiveChorus\etc but they're in binary.
Would I have to uninstall and reinstall ISEE in order to change the username/password?
03-16-2006 06:37 AM
Locate the file named motprefs and you will find AGENT_ID (this is the username) and AGENT_PWD (this is the password). Then you can blank out the AGENT_PWD, login with NO password.
If you want to change to a new password, it's under Configuration options, then Communications.
03-16-2006 11:26 PM
To reset the login credentials perform the following steps. The location of files will vary based upon the platform.
1. Stop the ISEE service/daemon.
2. Open motprefs file and clear the value for the key AGENT_AUTHSTR (it should look like AGENT_AUTHSTR= ).
3. If the login name was changed, then change the value for the key AGENT_USER to admin.
4. If the login password was changed, then change the value for the key AGENT_PASSWORD from xxxxxxxxxx to isee. It will appear as plain text; however, once you save the file and restart the service, you will see xxxxxxxx.
5. Save the changes to motprefs and restart the service/daemon.