hp psc 2410 scanner problem (164 Views)
Occasional Visitor
John Markson
Message 1 of 2 (164 Views)

hp psc 2410 scanner problem

Hi. Everything was working fine until I reformatted my harddrive. I then realized I lost the cds for the all-in-one, and I went and downloaded all the software that was on the hp website. Everything works now, except the scanner. When I try to scan, it says "scan options are not set. install or run device software on computer. press ok to continue"

Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks for the help!
Advisor
CA1358917
Message 2 of 2 (164 Views)

Re: hp psc 2410 scanner problem

Hi John,

There are a couple of reasons which brings up this error. Either the software is not installed properly or the Digital Imaging monitor is not running. To resolve the issue, perform the following steps.

1. Click Start, then Run. The Run window opens.

2. In the Open: line, type msconfig.

3. Click OK.

4. In the System Configuration screen, click on the Startup tab.

5. Search the list for the digital imaging monitor, the file name will be hpqtra08.

6. Recheck the box for hpqtra08.

7. Click Yes to restart Windows.

NOTE: If hpqtra08 is not on the list in the Startup tab, this indicates that the driver was not correctly installed. Uninstall and reinstall the driver/software. If the hpqtra entry exists in the startup and is checked, continue with the following steps.

Step 1: Make sure the Right Device listed / Selected in the HP Director under the Select Device Option(if u hav more than 1 HP device connected).

Step 2: Click on Settings -> Scan Settings & Preferences -> Scan To â ¦Setup

Step 3: The Button Settings window will open, with Scan Picture Button(Director), Scan Document button (Director), Scan button, Destination List.

Step 4: Select button settings from Available Scan Destinations and Click on Add one by one, All the selected list will be listed on the right side under Front panel Destinations List.

Step 5: Click on Apply and Click on OK.

Step 6: on the unit push the Scan To button, all list will appear on the front panel of the unit.

Some times, the printer will say No options listed, install Software and refer documentation.

Step 7: Close all applications including HP Director.

Step 8: Open and run the DESTTEST file from the location: C:\Programfiles\hp\digitalimaging\bin\
(The above mention location will be listed once software completely installed).

Step 9: By default it will be set to NONE, which will have the entire list (Common List).

Step 10: Select to WEB_APP which will also the same but without installed applications.

Step 11: On the 5th option â Close Dest Test After sending to Destinationâ , put a check mark ( v ) and click on Save Results Before Exit.

Step 12: Click on Exit in the bottom.

Step 13: Now Open the HP Director, Click on Settings -> Scan Settings & Preferences -> Scan To â ¦Setup.

Step 14: You will see all Button settings on the right side under the front panel destination List. In Case If not, click on Restore Defaults, click on Apply and click on Ok.

Step 15: Push Scan To button on the unit you will see all the Destination List on the unit.

Step 16: We can also change the (Optional) Set the Category for the Destination List from the DESTTEST window to NONE, to get all the installed applications like acrobat etc.,
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.