Re: hp photo printing program (163 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Message 1 of 3 (163 Views)

hp photo printing program

[ Edited ]

I just upgraded my scanner from a scanjet 2200c to a scanjet 5400c. Now my hp photo printing program can't find the new scanner. I have downloaded and installed sj688en and 2 cab files but that did not help. Only threw a new icon on the screen that cannot aquire the new scanner.
Can you help?
Thank you,
Chuck Sanborn

P.S. This thread has been moved from Printing and Digital Imaging > Photosmart Products to scanners. -HP Forum Moderator

Honored Contributor
Message 2 of 3 (163 Views)

Re: hp photo printing program

Hi Chuck,

I recommend that you post this question in the Scanner area of the Business Customer Discussion Groups. Here's a link to that site:,,418,00.html

The same User ID and password you use here work there as well.

Thanks and take care,

Message 3 of 3 (163 Views)

Re: hp photo printing program

Chuck, what printer and version of HP Photo Printing do you have? I have that came with my HP Photosmart P1000 that I got sometime last year.

In my version clicking on File/Open images from > gives me a list including my scanner, various other Twain devices, etc. and I assume that was true for you also.

From that I assumed there is a file somewhere containing those devices but a file search (so far) did not turn up anything.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.