Re: XP upgrade (76 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Rene Mortensen
Message 1 of 2 (76 Views)

XP upgrade

[ Edited ]

I have just upgraded to the XP drivers for my Scanjet6200C and PhotosmartS20. At first try they worked fine and I was happy. Restarting the computer and all heck broke loose. Both applications now states that there is no USB found. Checking device manager all USB are working fine. Downloading the new drivers included advice to remove old drivers first, but where are they? Installation CD's have no uninstall files, so I am stuck. Can anybody help out there??

P.S. This thread has been moved from Printing and Digital Imaging > Photo Systems to Scanners - HP Forums moderator

Honored Contributor
Kimberly Ann
Message 2 of 2 (76 Views)

Re: XP upgrade

Hi Rene,

First, I have had to edit your message to change a potentially offensive word. Please refrain from using such language in the future; we try to keep the forums "family friendly". Thanks!

To remove the S20 software, go to Control Panel Add/Remove programs and remove the software that way. I personally would get one of your USB scanners up and running before attempting to install the other one. You might also check in Device Manager to make sure you have no IRQ conflicts.

Good luck! I do appreciate your post.

Kathy
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.