Transparency Adapter (typ HP C2521B) (156 Views)
Occasional Visitor
studer
Message 1 of 3 (156 Views)

Transparency Adapter (typ HP C2521B)

Hi friends
I own a scanner (scan jet 4c or 6100c) which I would like to use for scanning slides.
For this reason, HP offered a Transparency Adapter (typ HP C2521B) which is not available anymore.
To use anyhow this mode of "Transparency Adapter" I would like to enable it via the 6 pin socket at the rear (ACC/ADF) and use an external lamp to light the slides.

The measured levels at this 6 pin socket are as follows:
Pin1 +5V
Pin2 GND
Pin3 +23V
Pin4 GND
Pin5 GND
Pin6 +5V (ev. pulled up as indicator)

Is there a simple bridge available to enable this mode?
For example resistor/diode/hardwire from pinX to pinY?
This could be easily seen when having a look into the schematics of the "Transparency Adapter" (typ HP C2521B).
Unfortunately, as I have no possibility to get schematics of the connection to the 6 pin plug and HP support refuses to support this "old" product, I use this forum to might get an answer.
Thanks Patrik
Occasional Advisor
Russ Sharratt
Message 2 of 3 (156 Views)

Re: Transparency Adapter (typ HP C2521B)

Have you considered a possible adapter purchase at eBay? Search www.ebay.com for "transparency adapter". There is an adapter there now, although I doubt that it is your model.

Russ
Occasional Visitor
studer
Message 3 of 3 (156 Views)

Re: Transparency Adapter (typ HP C2521B)

Hi Russ

Thank you for your reply. Actuallay, the idea is to spend as less money as possible but use my electronic skills to use this scanner for my purposes.
Of course, another possibility would be to switch the lamp on/off by an additional switch. But I will not open the whole scanner for this.

Thanks again
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.