Solution for "scanner not found" for Windows 7, and XP (6626 Views)
Occasional Contributor
R. Hopkins
Message 1 of 2 (6,626 Views)

Solution for "scanner not found" for Windows 7, and XP

Go to the control panel and system then hardware. Click on imaging device (if the scanner is present) click remove driver. Then tell it to update. Make sure you have loaded the full driver set and not the basic. (Mine did not work with the basic driver.) Then go to the HP utilities and it should now function properly. On some software packages you may see up to 4 different driver options. Mine would not work with the basic TWAIN, I had to use the WIS-TWAIN option with Omnipage but it functions perfectly. In the case of Omnipage make sure you do get the updated driver for there software. However, I found that when I used mine it was still using HP driver. Anyway this solved the riddle of not finding the scanner.
Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
Navya Sri
Message 2 of 2 (6,626 Views)

Re: Solution for "scanner not found" for Windows 7, and XP

Hi Hopkins ,

I believe you intended to reply here:
http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/questionanswer.do?threadId=1425936

Please click on "Reply" instead of "Start New Thread" while replying to an existing thread. It is difficult for forum members to backtrack to the original query, if you start a new thread.
I suggest you to close this thread using "Close thread" and continue your dicussion in the above mentioned thread.

Thanks.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation