Re: Scanjet Pro 3000 error (835 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Sidtech
Message 1 of 5 (1,136 Views)

Scanjet Pro 3000 error

My Scanjet professional 3000's LED power light blinks red after turning on.  The LED will turn green when first turned on , then after about 5 seconds blinks red.  The LED blinks red 4 times then pauses, blinks red 4 times and continues this pattern.  When I open a scannig software Paper Port I get error code 2013 Paper jam.  This unit had a paper jam a few days ago but I removed the jam and cannot get the red light to stop.  I cannot scan with the unit at this time.

Occasional Visitor
Ella_B
Message 2 of 5 (1,071 Views)

Re: Scanjet Pro 3000 error

Hi,

You may open the scanner and check inside if there is any jam remain.
Occasional Visitor
bnkbrown
Message 3 of 5 (835 Views)

How did you finally resolve??  Hp "does not support" this product by phone or chat, and the web-based answers fail miserably.

HP Pro
KeyGrip
Message 4 of 5 (633 Views)

Cleaning the paper path of the HP Scanjet 3000 Professional scanner might help.

You might also try cleaning the rollers and pad assembly

(I work for HP.)
Occasional Visitor
BBrine
Message 5 of 5 (568 Views)

Had the exact same issue 30 days ago. Bought a backup unit while I was waiting for my HP replacement to show up (Only 2 days from the time they acknowledged that it was a hardware issue), whaich has worked perfectly fine since then.

Until today, when another paper jam has caused the same issue. Cleared the jam, but no luck. Go through the whole process of cleaning, clearing, resetting, but no joy.

This unit is in 300 page per day service.

Customer service (telephone service) is a bit lacking......

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.