Scanjet G4050 software will not save image file to HP Vista PC (146 Views)
Occasional Visitor
WarrenH
Message 1 of 1 (146 Views)

Scanjet G4050 software will not save image file to HP Vista PC

I have installed the software that came with my Scanjet G4050, and the scanner seems to work correctly but when it tells me it is saving an image file to the folder I requested nothing is saved to my Vista (64) PC.  This happens if I run it from the HP Scanning icon on my desktop, or HP Solution Center, or the button on the scanner.  Also the printer/scanner J4680 that I use to scan documents with will no longer save files also.

I have run HP & Windows updates.  I removed the Scanjet G4050 software and reinstalled it.  There were two other software programs (OCR Software by IRIS & HP Imaging Device) that were installed or updated by the installation disk but I was warned not remove them by the Control Panel.

I have update HP Solution Center from 10 to 13.0.  I have run Print and Scan Doctor with nothing found.  I notice when I try to scan that in the software's settings box under "send to" it is blank.  When I click on the "send to" box a large blank selection box appears but nothing to select in it.  Also if I check I wanted Windows Explorer to open when done, this does not occur when I am finished.

I called HP support, they played with my computer for awhile, could not fix and said they would call back.  I have not heard from them.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.