Re: Scanjet G4050 Uninstall does not fully remove programs and Reinstall is not possible (235 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Reed17
Message 1 of 2 (282 Views)

Scanjet G4050 Uninstall does not fully remove programs and Reinstall is not possible

I had a Scanjet G4050 working with my HP Pavilion PC on Vista 64 and was able to use it for several weeks before I started getting strange behaviour. I decided to uninstall the software with the intent of reinstalling it to see if that would work. The uninstall seemed to work okay. However when I went to reinstall the software from the oringinal CD, I asked for a custom install and the software told me that four of the six programs were already installed. These same programs, however are not listed in the control panel to be able to uninstall them. So I gather that the uninstall was not a successful uninstall even though it appeared to uninstall all the software. I have tried to fix this for several days without success and am looking for ideas on how to get the scanner back up so I can scan more pictures. Any suggestions on how to get a clean uninstall?

The driver is working okay and the scanner is recognized by the PC. So it is not a hardware issue. Strickly a software issue.

Any suggestions will be helpful.

HP Pro
Askme
Message 2 of 2 (235 Views)

Re: Scanjet G4050 Uninstall does not fully remove programs and Reinstall is not possible

Please check if you have Scrubber utility (scrubber.exe file) provided in the installation CD.

If available, then use this utility after uninstall is complete & computer is restarted once.

Generally executing the scubber utility may not show any prompt, but will work in the background.

If the above mentioned steps does not help, you may also check following HP web link for other useful tips:

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/setupInstallDisplay/?sp4ts.oid=3...

You may also try to install in a different installation directory than previously used.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution
Click the Kudos star if this was helpful. Thank You!

(Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.