Scanjet 8270 - driver problems (593 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Lakelouise500
Message 1 of 3 (593 Views)

Scanjet 8270 - driver problems

I am using Vista 32.  I installed the original drivers from the CD and every thing worked fine; scanning was fast and the document feeder worked fine.  Updated to newer drivers with the Full Featured Software and Driver (188 MB). Since then scanning is about 1/2 the speed of the original drivers, the scanner light stays on much longer than before after scanning is complete and the document feeder does not work.  Sometime the scanner light comes on even when I am not using the scanner.  Tried to reinstall original drivers but get something like - Found a newer version of the same software on this machine - Quitting!  How can I reinstall the original drivers?  I have other HP printers connected.  If I unistall the Full Featured Software and Driver, will I have to reinstall the scanner and printers again? Please help.  Thanks!

Occasional Visitor
bjean798855
Message 2 of 3 (442 Views)

Re: Scanjet 8270 - driver problems

I am having a problem with the 8270 keeping the driver installed on a Windows 7 workstation.  I have been chasing my tail all day with this one. 

I am using the drivers from the HP website Windows 7 32bit.  Not sure why it will not keep the driver installed.  Anyone have any suggestions.  I even tried the HP Print and Scan Doctor and it suggest I check the support area.  UGH!  I don't have time to do this.  Hope someone has some insite to get this scanner working.  I checked the Windows Compatibility website and it states the scanner is compatible and should work.  HELP!

Occasional Advisor
Dave Leonard
Message 3 of 3 (339 Views)

Re: Scanjet 8270 - driver problems

I know this doesn't help you, but I am having the same problem on two scanners also. They install the drivers until the workstation is rebooted, then it shows up as an unknown USB device.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.