Re: Scanjet 6200C - No WIA with Adobe Acrobat 6.0 (50 Views)
Occasional Contributor
C. Scott Nagao
Message 1 of 4 (50 Views)

Scanjet 6200C - No WIA with Adobe Acrobat 6.0

[ Edited ]

I recently installed my ScanJet 6200C (USB connection) to a newly purchased Windows XP Pro PC. When I went to scan a document with Adobe Acrobat 6.0 into a PDF file, my only choice of device was HP Precision Scan Pro. I prefer to use the WIA driver, which I used when the scanner was attached to my old Windows XP Pro PC. How can get the WIA driver available for use again?

P.S.This thread has been moved from Digital imaging - General to Scanners- HP Forums Moderator

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Chandan Kumar_1
Message 2 of 4 (50 Views)

Re: Scanjet 6200C - No WIA with Adobe Acrobat 6.0

Hi,

WIA is a part of Windows XP operating system. Make sure Windows Image Acquistion (WIA) is started from services.

Click on Start>>Run
Type services.msc
Locate WIA and make sure it's started.

If it's started, uninstall and reinstall the USB drivers.

Chandan K.
Learn. Share. Inspire.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
C. Scott Nagao
Message 3 of 4 (50 Views)

Thanks for the suggestion. I ran services.msc and found that WIA was started. How do I uninstall and reinstall the USB drivers? How does this procedure affect all of the other devices connected via USB, e.g., mouse, keyboard, etc?
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
C. Scott Nagao
Message 4 of 4 (50 Views)

I am still unable to find a WIA device when trying to scan using Adobe Acrobat 6.0 Standard. I have to scan using HP Precision Scan Pro 1.0 (which is the only device listed) into a tiff file, and then use Acrobat Distiller to create a PDF document from the tiff file. This is somewhat cumbersome, and I did not have to do this before my old Windows XP system. Does anybody have any suggestions?
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation