ScanJet Pro 3000 Save PDF using Button Utility (3459 Views)
Occasional Visitor
mraf
Message 1 of 6 (3,459 Views)

ScanJet Pro 3000 Save PDF using Button Utility

I would like to save PDF files using Button Utility; is it possible?

Please use plain text.
HP Pro
AJH-HP
Message 2 of 6 (3,450 Views)

Re: ScanJet Pro 3000 Save PDF using Button Utility

Hi,

Yes, you can use the HP Button Utility to scan to PDF. I just did a scan to Adobe Acrobat and I'll give you the steps here.

1. The usual -- make sure the scanner is connected and turned on.

2. Look in your system tray (bottom right corner of your screen) for the HP Button Utility icon (you'll see "hp" in a black circle in a white square) and left-click on it. This opens the Button Panel.

3. Click the Configure>> button on the bottom right of the Button Panel. This opens the Application Manager. 

4. Click the Add button in the bottom right corner (under the Application List). This opens the Add Application window.

5. Browse to find your Adobe folder and find the Acrobat .exe file. For me, the path was C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\Acrobat.exe

6. Still in the Add Application window, enter a name for the application (I named mine "Adobe Acrobat"). Click OK, and you're back to the Application Manager.  

7. On the right side of the Application Manager (the Application List), click on Adobe Acrobat (or whatever you named it). Then click the Add button in the middle of the window and the new button should now be in the list of the left side of the screen (the Button List).

8. Click OK. Put a document in the scanner and try scanning -- pressing the scan button the Scanjet 3000 should scan your page then open Acrobat for you and display your scanned document as a PDF.

I hope this helps!

AJH

Although I'm an HP employee, I'm speaking for myself and not speaking for HP.

Although I'm an HP employee, I'm speaking for myself and not speaking for HP.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
mraf
Message 3 of 6 (3,295 Views)

Hi,

I tried your solution but when I press the scan button, the Scanjet 3000 scans my page then open automatically Acrobat (Reader 9 or X) with an error "Unknown format files".

It's trying to open a jpg/tif created by the scanner so it doesn't create the pdf.

Thanks.. 

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Dmitriy Dolskiy
Message 4 of 6 (3,205 Views)

I tried your solution but when I press the scan button, the Scanjet 3000 scans my page then open automatically Acrobat (Reader 9 or X) with an error "Unknown format files".

It's trying to open a jpg/tif created by the scanner so it doesn't create the pdf.

Because you have Acrobat Reader version, and he have Acrobat Professional.

Whit this scanner have supply software for convert and edit PDF sheets.

This "PaperPort11" and "OmniPage17"

Omni Page - too heavy and complex program, I can't find how execute easy scan to none searchable PDF document with one touch button.

PaperPort - more easy software but not allow execute all process using one touch button.

And booth programm do not have Russian user intarface.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Waquar
Message 5 of 6 (2,814 Views)

Hi there

I was also having the same problem, the reason is that i was stuck with the CD that came with the scanner, but actually that CD does not contains the full software, which you can download from;

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=4083865&...

(or if the link does not work then go to hp site and search for the software). After installing the whole software, there will be an icon onthe desktop "Configure HP Scanjet" here you can specify the details of PDF and location where you want to store.

Next time on pressing the Scanner Button, from the selection of options select, HP Scanjet Software, and it will work.

I guess you still will require the PDF writer (but not sure).

Take care

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
jmgpblair
Message 6 of 6 (1,178 Views)

I have Acrobat X and I get this error, " Acrobat could not open 'file name.tif' because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged (for example, it was sent as an email attachment and wasn't correctly decoded). To create an Adobe PDF document, go to the source application. Then print the document to Adobe PDF.

I want to be able to press the button on the scanner and have it automatically scan a pdf and allow me to metatag it and all. Is this possible? Please help.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation