ScanJet 8500fn1 MTIFF file won't scan as MTIFF (368 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Micheal63
Message 1 of 2 (368 Views)

ScanJet 8500fn1 MTIFF file won't scan as MTIFF

[ Edited ]

I have reset the default file format to MTIFF on the configuration page but the device scans it as a TIF.  The problem with this is the Army has system that will only take MTIFF images.  I have tried rename the file and changing the extension to .mtiff but the system will still not accept it.  Says that it is still a .tif file extension.

P.S. This thread has been moved from Multifunction and All-in-One to Scanners.
-HP Forum Moderator

Honored Contributor
John Getzke
Message 2 of 2 (339 Views)

Re: ScanJet 8500fn1 MTIFF file won't scan as MTIFF

.mtiff is a Multi Page Tiff document.  Some scanner models discriminate .mtiff from the main .tiff format and others do not.  All of the scanners I have access to are able to create multi page .tiff documents with no problems.

You cannot rename a .tiff as .mtiff.  The file formats are not compatible like when you rename .csv to .txt or something similar like that.

You must either rescan your documents from the printer using the .mtiff file type or run your .tiff documents through an .mtiff converter application.  Not sure if there are any free 3rd party programs out there that perform this duty or not.  I have used an application called Black Ice in the past.  A quick search on the internet makes me think it may be easier to scan the document in .pdf and then convert to .mtiff.  PDF is a multipage image format like .Miff so a conversion on that level should be easier than combining multiple .tiffs into a single .mtiff.

Kudo's appreciated : ) (The purple thumbs up)
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.