ScanJet 5000 SW update from 2.6 to 3.6. (262 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Immo Brauch
Message 1 of 2 (262 Views)

ScanJet 5000 SW update from 2.6 to 3.6.

Hallo,

I have a perfectly running ScanJet 5000 on Win XP Prof. here at a customer and wanted to update the german version from version 2.6 to 3.6 in the scope of software maintenance (setup_SDSS_3-6.exe and setup_HPTwain_5000_14-5.exe). I found both the necessary files. Installed in that order. Installation went without any problems.

When starting the application after a restart, the application asks for the file "#HP_5000_Scanner# # .msi". Which exists nowhere. On the 2.6-CD is only the file ' ##HP_5000_Scanner## .msi ", which of course is not accepted.

I have everything uninstalled again and installed the version  2.6 again. Scanner runs correctly, but not with up to date software. How can I update to version 3.6 or where do I find the "###HP_5000_Scanner# # .msi"?

I opend with right-klick the file "setup_SDSS_3-6.exe", but I didn´t found the MSI-File too :-(

The german HP-forum told me to ask here.

--
Immo Brauch

Please use plain text.
HP Pro
scaninst
Message 2 of 2 (159 Views)

Re: ScanJet 5000 SW update from 2.6 to 3.6.

[ Edited ]

Hello,

Sorry you are having issues with the upgrade process.

I have a workaround to the issue you are seeing that may help.

• Open the setup_HPTwain_5000_14-5.exe archive using 7-Zip
  • Extract the hpdrv folder to your local system
  • Run setup.exe from the hpdrv folder
  • When prompted, select repair
  • During the installation, you may receive a dialog that states "missing inf/cat file", select ok, you can ignore this warning, let the installation complete.
  • after software installation completes, either power cycle the scanner, or disconnect/reconnect the USB cable.

I work for HP.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation