S20 & Win XP, Lost Communication (141 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Chris Griffiths
Message 1 of 3 (141 Views)

S20 & Win XP, Lost Communication

[ Edited ]

Since upgrading to a pavillio 721A with Win XP I have not been able to use S20 Photoscanner. After downloading HUGE install s/ware device manager shows scanner as connected and functioning normally but attempts to use result in lost communication message.
No combination of USB Ports/hubs/cables has any bearing.
Software has been uninstalled and reinstalled as per instructions from HP supprt but to no avail.
Any help gratefully accepted

P.S.This thread has been moved from Photo Systems to Scanners- HP Forums Moderator

Occasional Visitor
Stan McCoy_1
Message 2 of 3 (141 Views)

Re: S20 & Win XP, Lost Communication

I know this sounds basic however when I upgraded to XP on my SCSI photo scanner I lost the program startup feature from the scanner when the media was inserted. The new software is different. Start the scanner software and then insert the media to be scanned and see if it works.
Regular Advisor
Johan Martensson
Message 3 of 3 (141 Views)

Re: S20 & Win XP, Lost Communication

Hello Chris .

Sound you have bad USB ports.

Try the scanner on another computer so you can see that the scanner is OK .

And what that you can to about your USB ports is that upgrade the driver , Check if your USB ports share any IRQ with other device and if the IRQ is between 0-15 .

that is some basic trubbelshotting ..

I wonder does is came up with any error message ?

/ Johan
Where is the power on the computer ?
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.