Install Scanjet 3970 with Windows 7 (73721 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Brad Scherzer
Message 1 of 6 (73,721 Views)
Accepted Solution

Install Scanjet 3970 with Windows 7

[ Edited ]

When installing my Scanjet 3970 with my Windows 7 computer, the install says it is incompatible?

How do I install my scanjet 3970 with Windows 7?

P.S. this thread has been moved from Microsoft > Windows 7 to Scanners - Hp Forums Moderator

Esteemed Contributor
Milo E
Message 2 of 6 (73,386 Views)

Re: Install Scanjet 3970 with Windows 7

The scanner came with Director 2.2. This application is not compatible with Vista or Windows 7.
If there are no basic drivers that is installed automatically when you plug in the usb cable then no driver has been written for this scanner in Windows 7.

Options you can try is:

- basic driver for vista:
may need to set to compatibility mode vista.
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=15...

- buy the vuescan application
http://www.hamrick.com/

If you think my answer helped you, please assign points to me
Esteemed Contributor
Milo E
Message 3 of 6 (73,386 Views)

Tested with the basic driver for vista and it worked fine in Windows 7 with the 3970 scanjet when scanning in mspaint etc.

If you think my answer helped you, please assign points to me
Occasional Visitor
Edward Sowell
Message 4 of 6 (48,928 Views)

Thanks, Milo. I downloaded and installed the Vista driver and found that it works on Win 7 Ultimate 32-bit. I just punch the scan button on the Scanjet and New Scan dialog appears on the screen. When it finishes, an Import dialog pops up inviting me to save it. Also, my old Capture Professional has an Acquire image command that also works with it.

So, finally I can git rid of my old XP machine!

I'm trying to add points for you... haven't found the button yet!

Ed

Occasional Visitor
betania
Message 5 of 6 (22,856 Views)

Hola, ya consegui instalar mi scanjet 3970 con el controlador de vista, como el usuario anterior. pero este modelo permite scannear diapositivas, y el driver bajado actualmente solo me deja scannear fotos, como hago para abrir el TMA ? ( EL ADAPTADOR PARA DIAPOSITIVAS). 

Hi, I already got my install scanjet 3970 with THE VISTA DRIVER as the previous user. but this model allows scannear slides, and the driver just let me down now scannear photos, as I do to open the TMA? ( SLIDE ADAPTER)

THANKS

Occasional Visitor
dial
Message 6 of 6 (13,388 Views)

I am the #2 Reply shown on this screen. my earlier response to your survey was somewhat subdued. at that point I had no success. afterwards, much success realized. my 3970 Scanjet now working under Win 7. Thank You very much. Al W.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.