HP Scanjet G4050 - HP Solution Center error message (1555 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Marc Falcone
Message 1 of 5 (1,555 Views)

HP Scanjet G4050 - HP Solution Center error message

When I try to open the 'HP Solution Center' scanning program, I receive the following error message:

"the feature you are trying to use is on a CD-ROM or another removable disk that is not available"

"Insert the 'DocProc' disk and click OK"
Use source:

After I click 'cancel' I receive this error message:

"Error 1706.No valid source could be found for product DocProc. The Windows Installer cannot continue."

After clicking 'cancel' several times, the programm opens and I can scan, but the next time I open the program I get the same problem and have to try that way again.

Notes:

- there are no 'DocProc' disk in the Scanjet G4050 Photo Scanner package.

- I also receive an error message whenever I try to install / reinstall the program but the installation continues until the end.
Esteemed Contributor
Milo E
Message 2 of 5 (1,555 Views)

Re: HP Scanjet G4050 - HP Solution Center error message

Install the docproc.
Unzip your setup package. Go to setup folder and there you have docproc folder. You can try to just doubleclick this file.

If not working you need to use msiexec command to install the files.
If you think my answer helped you, please assign points to me
Occasional Visitor
Marshall Peterson
Message 3 of 5 (1,555 Views)

I am having a similar problem after downloading and installing the File: "Setup_full_G4003_3" from HP to finally run my Scanjet G4050 on Windows 7 Home Premium.

Whether using my front panel buttons or the HP Solution Center to start a scan of my slides I get the Error 1706,missing scan.msi,network resource not available messages. I can go through the process of X Closing 3-4 popup menus to finally open the scan software and get my scanning done - but---- what a pain to go through that every time. I hope someone reading this has a fix?
Thanks> Marshall
Occasional Visitor
Marc Falcone
Message 4 of 5 (1,555 Views)

I have temporarly resolved the problem by reinstalling the original software this way:

1. - first uninstall the HP software

2. - clean the computer by removing all trace of that software, including removing remaining HP folders and then manually remove all registry entries related to this software. There are many that won't be removed by the uninstall program. If these entries are not removed, the problem will persist even after reinstalling the software, but be carefull with the registry, first do a restore point and a copy of the registry.

3. - Manually reinstall the original HP program from the disk that comes with the scanner, choosing all options except the update option.

4. - Once the software has been reinstalled and operates normally, never again download any update or you will to do all this again!

Notes:

- The installation process is very long, it took about 45 minutes on my PC, I don't know why. Other scanner can be installed in 5 minutes...

- During the installation, an error message will appear but as part of the installation will fail to be installed, but the installation can be continued anyway.

- The Docproc.msi won't install.

Good luck...
Occasional Visitor
alhaner333
Message 5 of 5 (484 Views)

Whether I try to start my scanner I get the Error 1706,missing scan.msi,network resource not available messages. My scanner is no operable.  I have no disk I down loaded the program tried more than a few times still dose no work help please

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.