HP Scanjet G2710

HP Scanjet G2710

Run >HP Solution Center>Error 4,[(3,42,0)]

Help me

Occasional Visitor
glainey
Message 2 of 12 (1,651 Views)

Re: HP Scanjet G2710

Did you find a solution to your problem?

I am experiencing the same error code with a different type of printer.  All I can say is don;t bother with the suggestions to unintall, reboot etch...  Nothing seems to work.  Very frustrating and considerting bying something that isn't an HP

HP Pro
Jan_Y
Message 3 of 12 (1,601 Views)

Hello everyone.   I see that the original post is old, but there have been many views of this post.  I may be able to help if I had more information.  After launching the Solution Center, did you click on a Scan picture button?  Did another window come up that allowed you to pick a shortcut?  I just want to understand what steps were done when the error came up.

Here is something I would like you to try to help rule out what the problem is.  I would like you to try to launch the scanning application without going through the Solution Center.  To do this, you would need to open up Windows Explorer.  Navigate to program files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin.  Look for an executable file named hpiscnapp.exe.  Are you able to scan after double clicking this .exe file?

I work for HP
HP Pro
Jan_Y
Message 4 of 12 (1,598 Views)

Hello again.  I have another question for those of you having this issue.  Are you trying to scan a document but have been clicking on the Scan Picture button in the Solution Center?  Depending on what you are scanning and which button you press in the Solution Center, certain analysis is done on the page.

Try clicking on the Scan Document button instead of the Scan Picture button to see if that helps.  The other thing we could try is to change some settings.

1.  When the HP Scanning dialog comes up that allows you to pick a shortcut, there is a button on the right called Change Settings.  Click it.

2.  Assuming you have the Scan Type set to Picture, click on the Advanced Picture Settings button.  Under there is a section on how you want to scan the pictures from the glass.  Select the option called Scan the entire scanning glass.

3.  Try to do the scan and see if this works.

Please let the forum know if this solves your issue.

I work for HP
HP Pro
Jan_Y
Message 5 of 12 (1,595 Views)

Hello yet again.  I talked with someone here at HP and this error could show up when an image was detected that was extremely small and then had a problem when trying to create a thumbnail with this really small image.  The message can generally be ignored and we apologize for the inconvenience.  The instructions I gave earlier help because I have showed you how to turn off the detection of multiple pictures on the flatbed.

I hope this helps others out there.  Please write back if this helps solve the issue.

I work for HP
Occasional Visitor
AraAsatour
Message 6 of 12 (1,539 Views)

After installing the software every time the program starts, dialog box appears with the following message "please wait, while windows configures scan". How can I fix that problem?

Thank you in advance.

HP Pro
Jan_Y
Message 7 of 12 (1,533 Views)

Hello, I need some clarifying information.  Were you having the same issue as this original post, tried the suggestions I gave above, and now have run into a new issue?  Or is this a different issue? 

I am familiar with the HP Scanning software coming up and having a picture of a scanner and lamp with the message of "Preparing to Scan".  Are you saying that a scan never occurs?  What language is your software installed in?  What operating system are you using?

Thanks.

I work for HP
Occasional Visitor
nyarakeyo
Message 8 of 12 (1,472 Views)

The buttons on the scanner just stopped functioning. To scan now I have to look for the icon on the desktop. Is there any possible solution to this? I have checked the cable to no avail - that one is intact.
HP Pro
Jan_Y
Message 9 of 12 (1,469 Views)

HP uses an operating system service for helping make front panel buttons work.  Sometimes for some reason this Windows imaging service gets turned off.  Other times, the user chooses to disable the front panel buttons(doesn't sound like the case for you though).

Right now, I am assuming that the Window Image Aquisition(WIA or STI) service somehow got disabled on your system.     We can check this though.

I want to give you the correct steps, so I will write back and let you know.

However, the quickest way is to assume that the service got disabled and have you do the following:

1.   Click on your Start menu and select Run.

2.  Type in:  Cmd

3.   From there you would get a window to come up with a black background(called a command window).  Type in:

net start stisvc

It wil tell you if the service was already running or if the service successfully ran.

If you are uncomfortable trying this, then wait until I type in the more detailed information on how to check if the service is running.

I work for HP
HP Pro
Jan_Y
Message 10 of 12 (1,457 Views)

To check if the WIA service is running(on Windows 7),

1.  Click on Start->All Programs->Accessories->System Tools->System information.

2.  In the Window that comes up, click on Services located under Software Environment.

3.  Scroll down and find the Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) service.

4.  Check to see if the State is Stopped.  If the service does not say Running, then this is why the scan buttons are not working.

Use the instructions I gave above to start the service.  I hope this helps.

I work for HP
Occasional Visitor
piker3
Message 11 of 12 (1,298 Views)

Hello

I have some problems with driver instalation in Win7 x64 polish language version.

Driver version 14.5.1   15 november 2012 downloaded from here .  It's a full version of driver with software

pl "Sterownik - Oprogramowanie instalacyjne urządzenia" - en "Driver - Product Installation Software"

Symptoms:

After "successfull" driver installation, I try to start  application "HP Solutions Center" en, "Centrum obsługi HP" pl, but it says "HP Solution Center can't work, because installation not completed"

I have runed HPPSdr.exe. "Print and Scan Expert" says that  Register->Register Error and suggest to find help here

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/siteHome?cc=pl&lc=pl&dlc=pl

After "successfull" driver installation, I can't scan in "Windows fax and scan".

After running HPPSDr.exe scanning it's possible in Paint, but only in Paint.

Occasional Visitor
pborka
Message 12 of 12 (1,011 Views)

I do have similar problem. Very disappointing... Any advice?

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.