Re: HP Scanjet 5590 (682 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Message 1 of 8 (682 Views)

HP Scanjet 5590

I get the following error when clicking on status in the HP Solution Center - "The procedure entry point ?SetToolTipText@CBitmapPaletteButton@@QAEXVCString@@H@Z could not be located in the dynamic link library hpqmfc09.dll"
Occasional Advisor
Message 2 of 8 (682 Views)

Re: HP Scanjet 5590

I can't help. I have been getting this helpful message now for months. I even scoured the Registry to find delete anything to which it refers.
Removing and reloading the scanner software, and also the HP printer which I use does not remove the message.
As a final inconvenience, my version does not disappear if you press the Enter key. No, it requires you to sit down and carefully position the mouse over OK and click on that.
Occasional Visitor
Message 3 of 8 (682 Views)

I get the same error message. It started after trying to fix a USB communication problem with my scanner and uninstalling all the original softeware and then reinstalling the latest version 9.0.
Occasional Visitor
Message 4 of 8 (682 Views)

Hi Guys, I just picked up the same .dll error after unstalling updated software / drivers from the HP site. I did not have this error prior to updaing the software. I uninstalled / rebooted / reloaded with the CD that came with my printer and declined going to the HP site looking for updates, and my problem is fixed! They have a corrupted .dll The original version does not have that dll file.
Occasional Visitor
Message 5 of 8 (682 Views)

Sorry if off-topic but client has lost 24V power supply for 5590 scanner; trying to determine polarity of connector. Not indicated anywhere on web. Is center pin positive or negative? Thanks.
Occasional Visitor
Message 6 of 8 (682 Views)

Found the answer.

Go to C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin
and simply rename the file hpqmfc09.dll to hpqmfc09.dll_bad.

Printer continues to work in all its functions but no startup error. Seems this is a corrupted unused dll.
Occasional Visitor
Message 7 of 8 (682 Views)

We had several PCs in our office have the same message after installing a new Laserjet M2727nf MFP. We previously installed an Officejet 6310x on the network and only those users with both MFPs setup had the issue. I was able to confirm with HP tech support that the installation program for both products installs certain files in the same locations which causes a different version of the file to overwrite the original file. In some cases there's no problem but in other cases you'll get this error.

In the case of your Scanjet, I would guess that you had or have some other HP scanner or device installed before you installed the 5590.

HP's tech support rep said they don't have a solution (ie, they won't change the installation process) so the recommendation is to only install one imaging device. If necessary, uninstall the other device and reinstall only the print driver to avoid conflicts and errors.

One would expect that HP might make accomodations for this particularly in networked environments where users might have different requirements from each MFP. At a minimum the install should have noticed that another device was installed that could conflict and stop or offer to fix the situation.
Occasional Visitor
Message 8 of 8 (682 Views)

Many thanks Mordechai Bendon, followed your advice and instructions - problem solved. Fantastic.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.