Re: HP Scanjet 4850 Application Software Upgrade (372 Views)
Occasional Visitor
HP Scanjet 4850 Applica
Message 1 of 4 (638 Views)

HP Scanjet 4850 Application Software Upgrade

Does anyone have an answer as to where or how to get the application software update for the HP Scanjet 4850? I have downloaded the Driver update but need the Application software.
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Shawn
Message 2 of 4 (638 Views)

Re: HP Scanjet 4850 Application Software Upgrade

Look for HP Photosmart software (V 7.0) in the same place you got the updates. This is the full software set.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Thomas Harvey
Message 3 of 4 (638 Views)

Have you any idea if this photosmart software download is compatible with windows 7 (64). I want to carry on scanning to word/powerpoint. cheers.
My instalation disk just errors "you system does not have minimum requirements". i doubt very much if this is true with 4G DDR and 1T HDD. Unless need some drivers etc. Cheers
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Patrick J Utecht
Message 4 of 4 (372 Views)

Installing WIN-7 obsoleted sme of my accessories, including a Scanjet 4895. I wish to reactivate the scanner using a different computer running with XP. Downloading the applicable software (several times) failed with a note "An error occurred communicating with the scanning device", The download progressed in that seemed a reasonable manner, and the scanner did pass its related diagnostics, and did scan 2 or 3-times during that process. Is there a way to chat with someone that can help to solve my problem? I wish to scan positive and negative transpariences.

Thank You.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation