03-15-2007 04:09 AM
This is the only element in my system that Vista upgrade advisor is not sure about, and this stops me from Vista upgrade.
As I remember, S20 was discontinued even before Windows XP came out and HP was very nice to provide Windows XP driver for this wonderful scanner.
Will there be a Vista driver for S20?
02-22-2010 10:09 PM
I'm pretty sure I did something similar with Vista to make it work as well.
Bottom line... it still works!
10-05-2012 01:01 PM
Just got my used S20 running nicely under Windows 7 using the Virtual XP mode. (This sadly does need Win7 professional, enterprise or ultimate.) I used the latest XP driver for the S20 from HP.
A few pointers
- if you've never used virtual pc, take a look in the win7 help - search for virtual xp mode
- windows virtual pc runs best with hardware assisted virtualisation - see http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.as
- virtual xp is available as free download from http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/
- install the driver from virtual xp, not from win7
- once driver is installed, use the 'usb' tab in the xp window to 'attach' the S20
- you need to do that last step each time you start virtual xp mode