8250 problems with Adobe 6.0 (22 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Chris Becraft
Message 1 of 7 (22 Views)

8250 problems with Adobe 6.0

[ Edited ]

I'm trying to scan directly from Adobe 6.0 using the ADF. Both the Twain drivers with the Imaging Director or the Alternate driver with the Corporate Twain interface have problems scanning multiple page documents. The Imaging Director will scan all documents and once exported to Adobe, it will only import every other page. The Corporate Twain chokes after page 2. The WMA drivers will scan in import the whole document but the scan quality and interface suck. Anyone have any ideas or similar problems? Using Win XP Pro and I've patched the Twain drivers per the HP site.

P.S. this thread has been moved from Digital imaging - General to Scanners - HP Forums moderator

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Hugo Nascimento
Message 2 of 7 (22 Views)

Re: 8250 problems with Adobe 6.0

I didn't understood you properly. Maybe my English is rusty.

Do u scan from acrobat directly, or from Hp interface?

HN
Systems, Graphics, a lit bit of everything
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Chris Becraft
Message 3 of 7 (22 Views)

I am scanning directly from Adobe Acrobat Pro 6.0, fully patched up current.

There isn't a way to scan and save to PDF from the Director that I can see. I worked on it several hours last night, still no luck getting it to work. I have 2 of the 8250's, one at home and work, and both have the same issues.

Thanks!
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
alex_239
Message 4 of 7 (22 Views)

i'm having the exact same problem, it will scan all of the pages, but adobe only receives the first 1 or 2 pages...
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Steve Saunders_4
Message 5 of 7 (22 Views)

I've hit the same problem. Best solution I've found so far is to use the WIA-HP driver. This is a reasonable compromise between ease of use and a good quality scan.

I'd be anxious if anyone's found a better solution - or if they have found a way to make the WIA-HP driver default to letter size paper ;-)

Steve
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
LMcCauley
Message 6 of 7 (22 Views)

I am having the same trouble. The best solution I have found is to use OmniPage Pro 14 (expensive software). You can use HP Director and also PaperPort; they both come with the HP scanner.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Marc Vanderhaegen_1
Message 7 of 7 (22 Views)

Hello,

Have you tried to do the updates available on the HP site ?
Their is an update 'hp photo and imaging software update when saving multiple pages to a PDF file' and an update 'Acrobat 6.0 TWAIN update for hp scanjet scanners that use hp photo and imaging software'.
You can have the two updates here : http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?locale=en_US&pnameOID=214604&tas...〈=en&cc=us&swEnvOID=228

I had a problem like this with a scanjet 3670 and this updates solved it.

I hope this will help you.

Marc.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation