Scanjet 4400c with XP Home Upgrade (145 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Mark Parlby
Message 1 of 3 (145 Views)

Scanjet 4400c with XP Home Upgrade

[ Edited ]

I have recently upgraded to windows Xp. I obtained the latest CD fro HP here in England but it does not seem to work. Once I install the scanner and its software Xp crashes but reports a problem with my Geforce MX400
graphics card. If I then uninstall the scanner everything is fine again. Can anyone please shed any light on this problem?

P.S. This thread has been moved from Printing and Digital Imaging > Photo Systems to Scanners - HP Forums Moderator

Lost and Confused.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Pascal de Jonge
Message 2 of 3 (145 Views)

Re: Scanjet 4400c with XP Home Upgrade

The problem is that Wondows XP is different then all the other Windows. Sow U have to be sure it's compatible with WIN XP. On the manual of the Scanner... IS there enything that say that it is compatible with WIN XP?

Another point is that mostly u have to take a special way to install the HP devices. Mortly U have to install U're printer at the and of all installed.. so I'll say try to install first U're Scanner and anorther HP device.

Good Luck
The only thing we have fear for, is fear itself!!!
Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
SL_1
Message 3 of 3 (145 Views)

Re: Scanjet 4400c with XP Home Upgrade

The 4400c is compatiable with Windows XP providing you have the latest software which you should have if you have called HP and requested it.If you have it connected via USB you should first of all go into Add/Remove Programs and uninstall the Precision Scan software...then disconnect the Scanner and restart the computer.Install the software and then reboot again.Once you have rebooted,connect the Scanner.Hey Presto...the Scanner should be detected and working.If not,call HP as there may be a conflict between the Scanner and your Geforce MX400.
If connecting via Parallel...just go through the same procedure but when you shut the computer down after installing the software,connect the Scanner and then reboot.
9100i and software
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation