Additional Fields SQL Query (415 Views)
Advisor
Sarathbabuk
Message 1 of 6 (415 Views)
Accepted Solution

Additional Fields SQL Query

Hi ,

I am using 7.2.1. I have a requirement to generate a report from the TRIM DB. I am planning to implement a DB search by using SQL query.

In trim all additional fields are storead as a row in a table. In 7.2.1 additional fields are stored in different tables based on the object type.

Can some one help me to build a SQL query to get the records and additonal fields in  a column.

I can use TRIM record search, But i have to do validation against our custom db.

Regards,

Sarath.

Honored Contributor
EWillsey
Message 2 of 6 (407 Views)

Re: Additional Fields SQL Query

Just turn on the activity log pane and track the generated SQL after you've executed a search.
Advisor
Sarathbabuk
Message 3 of 6 (389 Views)

Hi Wilsey,

Thanks for your reply. I tried it..no results are displaying in activity log pane.

Regards,

Sarath.

Honored Contributor
EWillsey
Message 4 of 6 (384 Views)

Right-click in the activity pane and select "Start Logging"

Occasional Advisor
slapoint518
Message 5 of 6 (332 Views)

Can anyone provide me with the query so I can start learning the data model for Trim.  I have to export data from Trim to be import into another system and their Import/Export Utility is a real dog so I suspecting it has to do with their internal tables and links so I am hoping to be able to build some sql to go for only the fields I need from the search I am creating.  It seems like the utility is pulling back all of the fields in the metadata base.  I think anyway but I just started looking at this product a week ago.   So anything you can sugest or supply me with would be really helpful.  We're using version 7.1 if that makes a difference.

Is there any diagrams of the database in order that someone can build sql to extract the data faster than the utility included with Trim.   I'm assuming that their UI applications (Trim, Trimport) is using the same Com Object (API) so most likely I wouldn't get to much of a performance boost by me writing an VB app using the API.  Any suggestions from anyone on the best way to extract data from TRIM?

Thanks

Steve La Point

Rookie Trim User

Honored Contributor
EWillsey
Message 6 of 6 (330 Views)

To gain access to the ERD you'll need to submit a ticket with your organization's SAID.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.