Redundant RDP (265 Views)
Frequent Advisor
Ricknsa
Message 1 of 4 (265 Views)
Accepted Solution

Redundant RDP

Is it a recommended solution to setup two RDP servers One pointed to a local SQL server with a ODBC connection to a backup SQL Server, they setting up a second RDP server the same way? I guess the main question is can two RDP server replicate them selves?
Neighborhood Moderator
Mike Milleson
Message 2 of 4 (265 Views)

Re: Redundant RDP

Hello Rick,

I'm assuming when you say two RDP servers you are talking about the Altiris eXpress Deployment Server. If so we have not had a chance to really try this yet. But I think there may be multiple ways to do this. Since they are using a SQL database you should be able to get two databases to replicate with one publishing to the other. So you would have a primary and a secondary. Another method may be using Altiris Notification server. This is supposed to be able to manage multiple Deployment servers. Unfortunately as I said we have not had a chance test either of these yet. I'm sorry I don't have a better answer for you.
Frequent Advisor
Ricknsa
Message 3 of 4 (265 Views)

Thanks Mike, points me in the right direction, we are going to set it up and I will let you know how it works
Occasional Collector
DougWilliams
Message 4 of 4 (265 Views)

Altiris does not support more than one Deployment Server in a Deployment Solution. Altiris does have a Notification Soultion for managing multiple Deployment solutions. This quickly becomes complex.

For Redundnacy of the RDP, some simple things to do are 1-- put the Client Access Point (the Express share point) on a NAS share point. This puts your inportant data (files, configurations, images) on the SAN where it gets backedup.

2... use a SQL server that is backedup.

Thus if the RDP box dies, all the data lives somewhere and can be recovered.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.